weekly Bebop's 52 for 2022 - Week 52: Showcase

Both great shots Bebop. I've never heard of the peanut nub(?) being called a rabbit before but I can see why when I look at it with that in mind.

Both great shots Bebop. I've never heard of the peanut nub(?) being called a rabbit before but I can see why when I look at it with that in mind.
Thanks. I was amazed when someone pointed it out - that there is a rabbit when you split a peanut. Unfortunately my packet were nearly all in halves already and the rabbits weren’t great ha ha! So this isn’t a great example.

Many years ago, I showed a little Greek girl the bunny in the peanut. She's getting married this autumn!

Both good shots! I've never noticed rabbits in peanuts - now I can't unsee it!

Very nicely done Bebop. I’m another who didn’t know about the rabbits. I need to go out and buy a packet today.:)

I use the bunnies to slow my peanut consumption down. It's all too easy to scarf them down by the handful but halving them to see the bunny makes a small bowlful (and I do mean SMALL!) last for most of a large (and I do mean LARGE!) Ouzo!

I use the bunnies to slow my peanut consumption down. It's all too easy to scarf them down by the handful but halving them to see the bunny makes a small bowlful (and I do mean SMALL!) last for most of a large (and I do mean LARGE!) Ouzo!
Ha ha! I love it! It is too easy, I agree. I use a little dish (ramekin) rather than take the packet with me.

I haven’t had an Ouzo in years. I did get one on my head once. Someone had rested their drink next to the overhead speaker and the vibrations sent it my way. I don’t think either of us were vey happy :ROFLMAO:

Week 27: Post

I wandered out with my phone this morning photographing gateposts and signposts - what an easy theme! I even got some signposts in dappled light, however I have weeks to submit the technique when hopefully I can come up with something of more artistic merit.

As I arrived home, I realised I had the perfect post in the garden! A telegraph post. Or is it a pole? Hopefully acceptable.

This is taken with a noir setting on the phone (I hadn't realised I could do that until this morning). Tweaked slightly on my computer. The best light was on the other side, but then the wires were not so pleasing. It reminded me of a windmill.

I considered doing something about the trees bottom left or cropping them out, but I liked the tall feeling without a crop. Is it worth a clone? I suspect not. What an ugly thing to have in my garden :rolleyes:

I feel quite proud of myself for not keeling over whilst taking it ha ha!!

20220713-IMG_7705-week27 2.jpg

Last edited:
Hmm Actually I think I posted that a bit too quickly. Here is one taken in colour on the phone and then processed in Nik Efex. I think this is probably better.
20220713-IMG_7703-week27.jpg

Both nicely done Bee. Certainly an unusual and good perspective, accentuating the fabulous cloud patterns!

That's creative for someone on crutches. Not much difference between the 2 on my screen, slightly prefer the first.
Well done to get out and keep the theme going.

I prefer the first too.

Post or pole? I'd say it's close enough - a loop to help pull on a shoe rather than a proper shoehorn!!!

Both nicely done Bee. Certainly an unusual and good perspective, accentuating the fabulous cloud patterns!
Thanks Simon. It was a fabulous sky this morning.

That's creative for someone on crutches. Not much difference between the 2 on my screen, slightly prefer the first.
Well done to get out and keep the theme going.
Thanks Peter. Yes there's not much in it. I think I was getting caught up in the detail! I did go a bit wobbly ha ha!

I prefer the first too.

Post or pole? I'd say it's close enough - a loop to help pull on a shoe rather than a proper shoehorn!!!
Phew! Thanks @Nod :giggle: I did use a very long shoehorn to get my shoes on all by myself today for the outing :LOL:

Both nice. I love the claustrophobic effect of the clouds. Very unusual. I think that I prefer the first one.

Nicely done Bebop. That’s a lovely strong perspective on the post and I think leaving the trees in helps. The second shot is my preference. The different contrast seems to bring out the textures a little more on my screen.

What a great shot Bebop, so well composed with the lines dividing the image up into (almost) equal quadrants. It makes for a pleasing image.

I don't find the tree distracting and I think that it adds some visual interest. The clouds are fantastic.

I, personally, like the first processing better. I find the blacker blacks of the noir effect more interesting.

Great composition and processing. You've captured a fabulous sky too. I think I actually prefer the higher contrast of #1

Both nice. I love the claustrophobic effect of the clouds. Very unusual. I think that I prefer the first one.
Thanks Donal. Actually the clouds seem to line up with the cables in the first one, now I look!

Nicely done Bebop. That’s a lovely strong perspective on the post and I think leaving the trees in helps. The second shot is my preference. The different contrast seems to bring out the textures a little more on my screen.
Thanks Pete. I did try to bring up the shadows on the post in post :LOL: so you could see more of it.

What a great shot Bebop, so well composed with the lines dividing the image up into (almost) equal quadrants. It makes for a pleasing image.

I don't find the tree distracting and I think that it adds some visual interest. The clouds are fantastic.

I, personally, like the first processing better. I find the blacker blacks of the noir effect more interesting.
Thank you Bill, you are very kind. Yes I did wonder if I was taking too much noir/black out of it with my own processing. Sometimes you look at things for too long and it's hard to tell. I'm still undecided.

Great composition and processing. You've captured a fabulous sky too. I think I actually prefer the higher contrast of #1
Thank you Helen for your kind comment. Sometimes I just can't tell which looks best, or I change my mind each time I look at it! :)

Week 28: Water

Struggling to choose between two mediocre shots this week. I think I'll go for the condensation on the glass of water.
The curtain colour was reflecting on the water surface giving the 'ruby' colour and I think the green is from the grass outside. It was on the windowsill and taken with my macro lens. The downside for me is that I don't think there is anything to draw your eye in as a focal point. On the plus side it reminds me of a Rothko painting... :ROFLMAO: You can see the camera reflection bottom right.

The alternative was the terrapin - taken yesterday on a rare outing from the house. Huge crop as I only had the one lens with me. Horrible harsh light.

20220719-BC134853_3_week28.jpg
20220719-BC134849_1_week28.jpg

Last edited:
Of the 2, definitely the abstract condensation one - which I really like! Doesn't need an obvious point of interest IMO.

I agree with your choice. The condensation shot makes you want to keep looking to find out what it is.

I really like the condensation picture it's quite different from what other people have submitted. (y)

Really like the abstract nature of your chosen shot Bebop. I think that it's much better than "mediocre"....just sayin'...

I really like the abstract condensation pic too. The colours make it work beautifully.

You chose the right one for me Bee, although the terrapin shot is neat too!

I'm with you on the choice. There isn't a single point of interest but when you look closely the droplets create all sorts of images. I like it.

Week 29: Handles

Bit late this week - taken today (Friday).
Photolab B&W preset called 'For him'. I'm not sure what that says about me :LOL: I'm guessing it makes it a bit gritty.

20220729-P7290046_1_week29.jpg

Back