Bedford Butterfly Farm

Joe T

TPer Emeritus
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all

As you might have seen from Ladybird's thread yesterday, she and I visited Bedford Butterfly Park yesterday. In addition to the butterflies they also have some fluffy things (chimpmunks, rabbits, goats etc etc).

Like the Longleat trip I stuck to the D200-Sigma 105 combo, which I'm really liking. I did manage to get some CA though! :eek:

Most of the shots are uncropped, but some have had a small crop to improve the composition a little.

Firstly the butterflies:

DSC_2120-01a.jpg

2. I like this one for the mean look. It has actually been rotated 180 degrees!
DSC_2156-01a.jpg

DSC_2171-01a.jpg

4. Blown highlights caused by over-use of flash :(
DSC_2194-01a.jpg

5. I love the composition of this one too!
DSC_2231-01a.jpg

Well, quality And quantity there Joe! not sure about no 2, camera shake? and is no 6 one of mine? :D :D :D

LOVING no's 7 & 11 very much! :love:

are 9 & 10 the same shot?

very nice! no 10 is pretty good there Joe! don't I take you out to nice places! :D

Theres some really nice ones in the Joe #3 especially(y)

Good stuff Joe. You have both made me want to go to a butterfly place now :LOL:

Oh, and #13 the bunny is a RedRex mix I think.. and you're right they are sooooooooo soft!

very nice! no 10 is pretty good there Joe! don't I take you out to nice places! :D

Thanks, you certainly do! :p

Theres some really nice ones in the Joe #3 especially(y)

Thanks

Oh, and #13 the bunny is a RedRex mix I think.. and you're right they are sooooooooo soft!

Soft soft soft! :D

Great shots (y) Really like no 5 :)

Thanks! :D

9 and 10 are my picks. Even more impressive is that these are natural light and pretty wide apertures. Very good!

nice shots 5 and 9 are my faves, shame about 2 because that would have been a great shot at that angle

1,5 and 8 for me, agree with the others that #2 is definitely on the soft side :)

Great set.

9 and 10 are my picks. Even more impressive is that these are natural light and pretty wide apertures. Very good!

All shots were actually tkane with flash, some with the sb600 held off camera and some with it mounted on the hotshoe. One or two were taken with tripod.

nice shots 5 and 9 are my faves, shame about 2 because that would have been a great shot at that angle

Just off isnt it! :(

Agreed, another great set of images joe (y)

1,5 and 8 for me, agree with the others that #2 is definitely on the soft side :)

Yeah shame aint it. Thanks for the comment. :)

yes, the bunnies are Rex, there are 4 black ones too, called eenie, meanie, miney and moe. . . . because they can not tell them apart. :D

Back