Before & After.!! Another shot added.

..MD..

Helen Shapiro
Name
MonkeyDave
Edit My Images
Yes
This may interest a few members on here. Anyone who has got some lights and is trying to recreate a studio shot .

Dont worry about the room neaded guys you can frame your image and work the rest in PP.

before_web.jpg

after_web.jpg

2_before_web.jpg

2_after_web.jpg

Regards

MD(y)

Last edited:
Charlie looks great in these matey (y) how much did you have to bribe him to stay still :)

Charlie looks great in these matey (y) how much did you have to bribe him to stay still :)

5..... 4..... 3..... 2..... You know the technique Jophn.

:naughty:

Dave

Fantastic work! and it shows what a bit of polishing in PP can do to an image.

So is this a mini MD then Dave?

Interesting how you have two small (looking) lights suspended from the ceiling, saves space on light stands..

Fantastic work! and it shows what a bit of polishing in PP can do to an image.

So is this a mini MD then Dave?

Interesting how you have two small (looking) lights suspended from the ceiling, saves space on light stands..

Lights are on the ceiling to save space . also nobody is going to trip over and tripods or wires...

Pipe work hides all the ugly cables...

Dave

That's really good to see. Care to share what PP work had to be done as well as the nuts and bolts so to speak.

No prob's

Levels tweaked.

White brush for main dirty area's

Dodge tool for close in area's

Slight usm

Job done.

MD(y)

Nice set of images Mate.... and good to see that they have not suffered from and nudge wobble....

I take it the medication works better in the studio environment.

Nigel

Nice set of images Mate.... and good to see that they have not suffered from and nudge wobble....

I take it the medication works better in the studio environment.

Nigel

:LOL:

I am sure I dont know what your implying:LOL:

Ps I have two loverly shots of you to be posted soon....:LOL:

Dave:wave:

Calm down Tiger...... no need to resort to blackmail to shut me up....

Zipping up Mr Gobby and wandering off to make tea..

How have you blown the white out so well without distorting the subject? Sorry just when I do it I end up blowing out the whole image.

Thanks

How have you blown the white out so well without distorting the subject? Sorry just when I do it I end up blowing out the whole image.

Thanks

Thereare lots of ways to do this . I find the best way for me is to paint out the worst with a brush set to white.. Then use the dodge tool in close around the subjuct then I ajust the levels to suit the subject..

Hope this helps some.(y)

MD(y)

Thereare lots of ways to do this . I find the best way for me is to paint out the worst with a brush set to white.. Then use the dodge tool in close around the subjuct then I ajust the levels to suit the subject..

Hope this helps some.(y)

MD(y)

Agree on dodge tool. Set to a low %age highlight and off you go.

MD - I like the ceiling mounted lights (y)

Agree on dodge tool. Set to a low %age highlight and off you go.

MD - I like the ceiling mounted lights (y)

Set mine to 9% Highlight ;) Great minds and all that..

The lights ;) I made the brackets at work and they work great for spining around so I can use the lights as hairlights;)

Dave(y)

Set mine to 9% Highlight ;) Great minds and all that..

The lights ;) I made the brackets at work and they work great for spining around so I can use the lights as hairlights;)

Dave(y)

Frightening - 9% - ME TOO!!!!(y)

Hope this helps some.(y)

MD(y)

What tool do you use for brushing and setting to white? Sorry that sounds really stupid.

I found the dodge tool worked well round the edges just want to do the rest of the white BG.

Ctrl L to bring the levels tool up. Click on White pippette. Then click on darkest bit of White background. This may impact subject as well, buy it's a quick way of sorting out the backdrop.

Last edited:
great shot, love the reflections, adds to the pic
he looks cheeky, bet you had to bribe him, I have to for my niece to sit still lol

great shot, love the reflections, adds to the pic
he looks cheeky, bet you had to bribe him, I have to for my niece to sit still lol

Thanks Suraj He is getting better at posing now . " Just not as good as his sister..":D

MD:wave:

I was just trying to show folks you dont need loads of space to do these shots...(y)

Another (y) for showing the before and after shots, I think it will inspire people to have a go.

A little bird told me recently where The M in MD came from ;) one of my favourite shows as a child. My wife bought me the Ringspun allstars t-shirt....very cool.

Another (y) for showing the before and after shots, I think it will inspire people to have a go.

A little bird told me recently where The M in MD came from ;) one of my favourite shows as a child. My wife bought me the Ringspun allstars t-shirt....very cool.

Now had you said a little pigg sie told you that would have been funny...

How on earth thgat conversation arose I would love to know..

As regards the shots I would normally crop the shot in close which leaves alot less work but wanted to show people what I see...

Regards

Dave(y)

I think you have shown that really well and thanks for taking the time to comment on your PP (y)

Your welcome:wave:

I might do another one soon which will really show the difference...:eek:

Excellent Stuff MD :)

Has made me want to purchase a sheet of acrylic now!!!!.....i thought i was done with all this purcashing stuff! :(

It does make a hell of a difference though!! :)

Great shots and thank you for this MD as i have just bought alot smaller peice of plastic from B&Q as i wanted to do the same thing with 1 / 2 year olds :D

ordering my studio lights tonight from Lencarter :D

lljjnjijhghn

Excellent Stuff MD :)

Has made me want to purchase a sheet of acrylic now!!!!.....i thought i was done with all this purcashing stuff! :(

It does make a hell of a difference though!! :)

Your never done buying kit buddy....
:nuts:

MD(y)

I'm in the middle of setting up a mini studio in the living room of my new flat! I have less room than you and I'm not looking forward to all that PP..

I'm in the middle of setting up a mini studio in the living room of my new flat! I have less room than you and I'm not looking forward to all that PP..

Matt these where examples... Of what room I have . If you frame your shot correctly then your PP will be very little.

Alot of people think you need a big area for shots . As long as you have a mm of space form subject to b/g then all is good...

I will do another shot soon to show what I mean....(y)

Dave:wave:

..MD

Wink Wink, Nudge Nudge, please say more....

Can I ask how thick is the perspex sheet you have there? Guessin 3mm?

Great idea and works very well, heard it mentioned fews times on TP now but this is the first example where you can see it. (y)

Cheers
Mike

(y)

It's 2mm thick. I dont think you need it any thicker myself (y)

Regards MD(y)

Wow now i know how the PROS do it :LOL::LOL::exit:

Not sure what the pro's do but this is what I do Neil :naughty:

" I am a steel worker as you well know :D"

Back