beginner from hampshire

Name
james
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi all, I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought it was about time I joined. Very new to photography. Currently i am using a sony a6000 with kit lenses (borrowed from family who no longer use it). Now looking at buying my own. have the option to buy it but not sure i overly like the a6000, find the layout easy to use but think I would prefer something slightly bigger (especially for if I ever get some bigger lenses). been looking at dslrs such as Canon and nikon, there seems to be a lot more choice for decent lenses at a better price.
Currently i think I will mainly be doing landscapes (when walking dog), macro of plants etc (I'm a gardener by trade) and would like n to start astro.
What advice and recommendations would you give. Have about £800 to play with.

Hi there James, merry Christmas to you and welcome to the forum :welcome:
:fuji:

Hi James, And welcome aboard TP, looking forward to hearing from you and maybe seeing some of your images on the various forums. "Enjoy".

Hi all, I've been lurking for a few weeks and thought it was about time I joined. Very new to photography. Currently i am using a sony a6000 with kit lenses (borrowed from family who no longer use it). Now looking at buying my own. have the option to buy it but not sure i overly like the a6000, find the layout easy to use but think I would prefer something slightly bigger (especially for if I ever get some bigger lenses). been looking at dslrs such as Canon and nikon, there seems to be a lot more choice for decent lenses at a better price.
Currently i think I will mainly be doing landscapes (when walking dog), macro of plants etc (I'm a gardener by trade) and would like n to start astro.
What advice and recommendations would you give. Have about £800 to play with.

Hi there and welcome to the forum. No need to Lurk, jump straight in and get posting. :)

Welcome to the forum :)

Sony a6000 is a cracking little camera. Stick a Sanyang 12mm and your ready for Landscapes, add the Sony 35mm f1.8 and you have your perfect walkabout lens.

May be thinking stick with the sony. Can get it very cheap and with left over money I could get the 18-105m f4 and maybe the sigma 30mm 1.4. Went to a shop today and Held a nikon and canon, although I liked how they felt compared to the sony, I can see me taking Sony out all the time as it's small. Sure I will Get used to it :) any good macro lens suggestions?

Welcome, which bit of Hampshire? Some great landscape opportunities around that county

Hi and welcome I am new here too . I started with a Nikon d7100 with a 18/55 vr and a sigma 70/300apo . Much like yourself most of my photography is out with the doggo and enjoy macro too .... for macro I found a great little bit of kit on e bay .. it's a neewer 0.45 degree attachment for a 52 mm lens like the 18/55 Nikon . And enabled me to get some fantastic macro shots . Not sure of one's available for the Sony lens but might be worth a look . And it was only £20 squid . One. Of the best purchases I've made so far . .

Last edited:
Back