Beginner photographer

Name
Shajin
Edit My Images
Yes
I recently dug out my old camera, a Canon Ixus 145. I'm not too sure whether i should jsut start taking photos as is or whether I should change the settigns of the camera first. If I should change the settigns could anyone let me know what settigns would be est for this camera?
thanks

Hi Shajin, And welcome aboard TP. "Enjoy"

Welcome to the forum Shajin, have fun here ;)

I’ve not used the Ixus 145 personally, but I’m sure there are some knowledgeable members here who will offer an opinion. Maybe consider using the camera on auto and take note of the settings used by the camera for the images you like? You can use those settings as a guide for later shots.

Hi and welcome to TP

It might help you to get started if you download the Canon user manual....the full one is likely better as more comprehensive compared to the 'getting started' one.

All the best on your photography journey :)

Download here

I've had a go at taking a few photos and they would've turned out ok but i can't seem to keep the camera steady so the images are a bit blurry as opposed to beign clear. Is there anything I can do to fix this? (There is a little screw in hole at the bottom so I presume there is something you can buy to steady the camera bu I am not too sure)

Check your settings - shutter speed is probably too low.

The screw thread underneath is for a tripod mounting. Unless the conditions are poor, shand holding should be possible for most of the time without shake induced blur.

Back