Beginner stand and backgrounds

Edit My Images
Yes
On that ad, note that the system will go to 3.2m but the backgrounds are only 1.6m. OK for small portraits, and head and shoulders stuff... but you will soon be limited by the width... so be prepared to buy some wider backdrops shortly

However, its cheap, not too cheerful and if you want to try, then fine, but don't expect this sort of gear to be durable or to give you stunning results- the main image indicates that creasing will be a problem with the white fabric, so make sure you have plenty of light available to overcome that

I would personally go with the larger background support - 3.2M. I bought mine from a company off Ebay for around £80 and it was solid. When you have a heavy roll of paper at maximum height you want something sturdy. Try http://www.creativitybackgrounds.co.uk/ for the paper.

Yeah the reviews are not great but for that price I might just buy it to play with

Slicker said:
Yeah the reviews are not great but for that price I might just buy it to play with

Yeah i was thinking the same, in 2 minds, ive got until march til our baby is born so want to learn as much as possible by then so i can get some amazing shots

Dont rule out other options for baby shots, big fluffy white blankets, even large sheets of white paper..

The ebuyer one is ok, the backgrounds that come with it are useless, made of recycled plastic and partially see through. They come folded up so are really creased and you can't easilly remove them. The nuts to secure the top bar on are not the best quality in the world and easilly come loose. I bought the kit when it was on offer and got cash back on it. I did find the stands quite usefull though for attaching my speedlights while shooting some outdoor portraits.

Last edited:
Back