Beike gimbal head problem

Name
rob
Edit My Images
Yes
just got one from Amazon and after 5 minute the top screw handle has seized.has anyone fixed theirs or is it just return jobbie?

With it being Amazon i'd just do the return via them. A new one will be with you in a day or two and you'll have 30 days to return the existing one and then an automatic refund. Not worth the fudge of trying to sort it out yourself imo.

just bought one on ebay mine is the same, the issue is that they are cheap rubbish,i have had a refund for mine and the seller let me keep it because he was having issues with others.if you take a look at youtube you will see this is one of the common problems and in fact the fix is shown on youtube. i have fixed mine but you need to remove the small plastic compass bung from the top knob which reveals a cap head screw which you can remove, it seems the thread is longer than required so i just added a couple of o rings to allow thightening and loosening as shown on youtube.good look gary

yeah i found that too Gary.most likey the replacement will do it too.any idea why theres a compass on it lol

maybe because its cheaper than a plastic black bung? anyway it is what it is and will do the job with a few tweaks

Was actually only just looking into buying one of these. Might have to have a re think

yeah i found that too Gary.most likey the replacement will do it too.any idea why theres a compass on it lol

I believe he means a bubble level.

No he definitely means compass. It's the end plug on the arcs Swiss clamp and I seem to remember on the top tilt securing knob (I had to remove it a while back to slack off the tilt as it got tight).

Both are in the vertical plane so would be useless as bubble levels. I just think they were probably the cheapest to use over other end plugs, they offer no functionally at all. Once you see and feel the beike against other gimbals it's clear it's built as cheaply as possible and it's not 'designed' like others are.

Last edited:
no really there is a compass in the end of the top pivit arm oh and a level in the side of the quick release as picture above. anyway just a quick up date on the bieke gimbal fix i did the other day it seems mine is the mk2 version so shouldnt have had this issue. so as per youtube the plan was to remove the plastic compass bung rubbish to get at the cap head screw,so far ok so i tried the socket set on it no way would it move, then i got my 18 volt half inch impact wrench on it and all it did was strip the cap head out.so ok i am fairly good with the engineering tools, so got the drill and drilled the head off the cap head screw and simply wound the locking knob off the remaining thread. i took the rest off the bits off ie 2 washers and a needle ball race etc only to find that the cap head set screw had been thread locked in in the factory to the main body of the gimbalswing arm. all the washers and bearings were free of grease so not good but the issue had been that the final large washer under the cap screw had such a big hole in it that it had allowed the cap head scew to pull it when slackening the gimbal. so easy fix from there i was left with a good long thread 48mm ish so i put a small amount of gear grease on all the bits and simply wound the locking knob back on the thread and now it thightens and loosens as it should have from word one, so i guess a bargain is not always what it seems well at least mine was free as thesellerdidnt want it back after refunding me:banana:

I am sorry but any piece of equipment like this that has got a, what can only be described as "cheesy", compass on it should be avoided. Unless you don't value your gear as it will most likely let you down at some point in the future.

That isn't to say they don't have their place and use...

Back