Bengal Tiger at YWP

Wow, I like that!

That's a very dramatic scary sight, Joel, it
increases by some notches my natural paranoia!

Because I like it scary, what about brightening up
the eyes… just a spook?

Reactions: smr
That is stunning.
Composition, tone and detail.
Cracker!

Totally agree with the comments above a real peach of an image and great work with the tones in the PP.

Whenever I see a black and white photo of a beautifully coloured and patterned creature, I wonder what the 'photographer' is hiding? You can be forgiven for mistaking the subject as a Bengal Tiger (it is actually an Amur Tiger) but they really all do look the same when you take away so much of their identity with this kind of processing. Shame really.

Whenever I see a black and white photo of a beautifully coloured and patterned creature, I wonder what the 'photographer' is hiding? You can be forgiven for mistaking the subject as a Bengal Tiger (it is actually an Amur Tiger) but they really all do look the same when you take away so much of their identity with this kind of processing. Shame really.

Thanks for the feedback. I thought I'd have a go at producing something different and wanted to isolate the Animal from the background completely in order to focus the viewer's eyes on the Tiger's. Also wanted to show some foreground interest to a) work as some form of framing and b) show what kind of terrain the Tiger is on. There are probably 30 Tiger photos in colour on my flickr if you're interested !

I meant that I wanted to have a go at producing some different for me, apologies for the confusion.
No worries. I coiuldn't see the colour examples, but I guess the Monkeys and Bears are from Woburn, which are much better than these. I'm not going to say "imho" as I think it is fact! Happy new year and all that.

I wonder if it would be even more powerful if the right hand side was cropped away to give a square format.

I think this is very stricking - but agree that a portrait format would be even more so.

Excellent shot (y)

Quite an intimidating look from our friend there and heading straight into the camera, ticks all the boxes for me

Back