Non UK Berlin

Name
Alan
Edit My Images
Yes
Just booked a few days in Berlin to see in the new year with my fiancee. Im going to have a bit of camera time of course...any must see locations?

Don't worry it looks very photographable to me all over the shop

Berlin_City_Night_View.jpg

berlin-4.jpg

berlin_cnt_18nov09_iStock_b_1.jpg

berlin.jpg

Woooahh!!! Very nice, Im not far from the Brandenburg gate so that was definitely on my list. What are the other images here? I really like that bridge!

Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag (next to BG), Jewish Memorial, Alexanderplatz, a walk along Unter Den Linden to Museum Island, Dom, Kaiser Wilhelm, Panoramapunkt in Potsdamer Platz for a nice view over the city (and cake and coffee.) KaDeWe for shopping.

Grab a day ticket for the fantastic uBahn and just ride around and people watch. Further out of the city is Wannsee and Sachsenhausen memorial.

Berlin’s an amazing place, I’ve been 4 times and still want to go back.

Don’t forget to try a Currywurst!

Brandenburg Gate, Reichstag (next to BG), Jewish Memorial, Alexanderplatz, a walk along Unter Den Linden to Museum Island, Dom, Kaiser Wilhelm, Panoramapunkt in Potsdamer Platz for a nice view over the city (and cake and coffee.) KaDeWe for shopping.

Grab a day ticket for the fantastic uBahn and just ride around and people watch. Further out of the city is Wannsee and Sachsenhausen memorial.

Berlin’s an amazing place, I’ve been 4 times and still want to go back.

Don’t forget to try a Currywurst!

I can only echo most of these - Sachsenhausen is well worth the (long) journey out, very sobering place indeed. The Dom is great, book in advance (and at sunset, if you can).

If you're a bit of a history geek a tour of Tempelhof Airport is fantastic.

Berlin, Tempelhof Airport - Apron and DC4 by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Berlin, Tempelhof Airport by Harry Measures, on Flickr

Harry

Thanks very much fellas, loads of stuff to go on here. I saw some pictures of Potsdamer today and was very impressed...oh and currywurst is totally on the to do list! Thanks again [emoji106]

A great city, worth a trip to the Olympic Stadium
9645379740_07d159e195_b.jpg

and the Reichstag

13954842803_12832a7e96_b.jpg

9600622946_5f1225b7f3_b.jpg

Great stuff! Thanks mate, Iv got some great images on this thread...If I come home with anything like as good Ill be a happy bunny!

Reactions: Jao
I went and saw the Berlin wall- Check point Carlie and the brandenburg gate all id a day tour from the baltic cruise I was on
lqvPrHj.jpg

kK7kgoR.jpg

pHoatAw.jpg

Im really buzzing to get there, I dont know if 4 days will be enough!

You’ll see a lot in four days. Things like the BG, Reichstag, Jewish Memorial, Topographie Of Terrors, remains of part of Wall, (these last two are in realspeeds’s last pic above) are all very close together and you could easily see them all in one (long) day. You’ll spend all of ten seconds at Checkpoint Charlie, it’s very uninteresting. I’d really recommend you visit Sachsenhausen. You could do that in half a day if you left early in the morning. It’s the S1/S2 train to Oranienberg, about 45 minutes and then a 10 minute cab ride.

The uBahn is really easy to use and value for money. A day ticket will get you around the city very quickly and cheaply and save you loads of time.

Im loving the advice im getting here, thanks very much mate. Iv just found a place called Sans Souci palace that looks totally stunning

Back