Best animal tog experiences.....Europe wide...

Name
Mark
Edit My Images
Yes
By the end of this year, I think I will have done the most populay/widely known zoo/wild animal photography experiences in the UK.

Thinking of spreading the net Europe wide now, so what Zoos and or Tog based animal experiences are out there ?

Would love to do some whale watching, and have a Norwegian cruise in mind for either late this year or next year......

If I had both the time and funds

Finland - Brown Bears & Wolves
Namibia - Oryx
Vancouver/Vancouver Island - Whales & Bears
Africa - Wildebeast migration
Brazil - all in the Pantanal
Madagascar - Lemurs et al

Oooops! you said Europe wide - well I did say Finland :coat:

Last edited:
If you're up for some macro subjects you can join me in Greece with Greenwings holidays next year ;)

ok here are some of the experiences i have had over the past few years-wont list them all but some of the better ones-however i don't do zoos or captive animals so maybe someone else could add those if required.
Hungary-Bence Mates hides. A set of world beating hides in a lovely location, bird life is abundant and action is non stop.He has wifi, electricity, electric blinds, zircon etc in one of his hides.Well thought out and guaranteed to get some fantastic pics of birds.A hard slog if your committed as you can do 24hr photography if you want as a hide with lights for night heron etc is only a few hundred yards from the farm you stay at.

Saker Tours Hungary(hide)-Bence designed and help with some hides-again offers lots of action for birdlife with many species and many hides to photograph from, I'm there in 6-7weeks.

Conny Lunstrom-Sweden(hide)-a dedicated Golden Eagle hide.Winter offers good viewing of the eagles and sometimes as close as 5m away.Mostly eagles land about 75m away on some meat left in the snow.Eagles can be a hit or miss and can stay away for 2 days or more but when you do get them its fantastic.Very very cold in the hides with temps as low as -20 degrees but there is a log fire to soon heat things up.

Marcin Nawrocki-Poland( hide) for White Tailed Eagles- loads of eagles normally with over 20 turning up at times. Hide can be cold and long days waiting. Some decent chances for flight shots however the lack of perches doesn't help as you can only photograph eagles in a field so much that you get bored.We persuaded him to put a perch in place and when it got used it was fantastic.

North Uist-( no hide)this will amaze some as its made my list however it offers some of the best bird photography in the uk.A long drive and a ferry to get to the island. Book a cottage early if you can as it gets busy end of may /start of june with togs and twitchers.Sometimes I'm there twice a year but may/june are best with bird life often only a few feet away.Great for SEO and also coastal type birds.Easy to navigate around in your car as its mainly just 1 big ring road with 1 road through the middle.

Berlin-Goshawk( no hide), do your homework on this as i can't divulge the exact place however info is on the internet if you search enough.Feb/ March is good as its just before the nesting season and at times if your lucky you can get close to these fantastic birds of prey.Not guaranteed but when you do find the area then the birds especially the male bird will never stray to far away.

These are just some that stick out and may let you get your thinking cap on.

Last edited:
Ref ^^^^ about Bence Mate hides ~ Googled and started to look into this tog and his hides designs. Sounds interesting and worth learning about and how affordable a nice dedicated trip might be?

Thanks for the pointers :)

Edit ~ quick look at his website and costs only revealed by email enquiry. Need to do that but it would have been informative to have had a guide price???

Last edited:
Back