Beginner Best Apps for photography

Name
jason
Edit My Images
Yes
Ive tried Googling and browsing these forums but cant really find much. After years of struggling with a windows phone, I now have an Android phone and would like to know what Apps people use to aid them in their photography?
I'm looking for things like weather, clear skies, dark skies, locations of stars/constellations, sun and moon positions, tide times, DOF calculators, light meters. Whatever!!!
I'm mainly looking for free apps and ones that are easy to use. I'm not good with phones so the easier the better.
Thanks in advance.

The Photographer's Ephemeris is invaluable for sunrise, sunset and moon times. Think it Costa £5 but well worth it.

I have an exposure calculator for long exposures using 10 stop filters and the like.

Tide tables from a variety of sources are also useful.

The labels say:-
Exposure Calculator V 2.3.1
Quicosoft 2017

Has a blue iris as logo. Works well for me.

The Photographer's Ephemeris is invaluable for sunrise, sunset and moon times. Think it Costa £5 but well worth it.

I have an exposure calculator for long exposures using 10 stop filters and the like.

Tide tables from a variety of sources are also useful.
Photographers ephemeris 3D is well worth the additional cost if you visit the lakes or similar places. Being able to see how the sunlight falls on the landscape throughout the year can be so useful and makes visiting when the light is in the right place much easier. Fantastic app that works well on both my tablet and phone.

Have a look at 'PlanIt! For photographers pro'

Cost a little bit more but there is a free version with limited features to try it out before spending £8.

Thes are the ones I use and are free however i have them on anIphone

Met office - weather, sunset and sunrise (although it doesnt give the sun direction but thats simple to work out)
Lee Stopper - 6 and 10 stop calculator
Nikon WMU - use as a remote or quickly sharing shots

Back