Best Camera under 400£ ?

Name
Angel
Edit My Images
Yes
Evening everyone!!

New here so please relocate this post if does not proceed.

- Wanted to share or know which you consider the best photo equipment under 400£ pounds? Does not matter if it is compact, reflex, mirrorless, etc

Could I know your impressions?

- My current equipment I need to updgrade Nikon D90 Digital SLR Camera with 18-105mm VR Lens.

- Initial intention (this can problaly change after reading you) is to sell Nikon D90 body, keep 18-105 and I was looking for Nikon D5600.

Thanks!!

Canon 5Dmk2.
I did a comparison here.. really close!!

The thing is, Canon 5D MK II looks a bit outdated in some specs... both same ISO.. perhaps better sensor? Interesting but need to check how this impacts on picture results.. coming from Nikon D90 I am not missing connectivity on camera (WIFI and etcs)

Thanks!

5D2 is Canon though, you have Nikon atm so it makes more sense to stay. but starting new for £400, 5D2 all day long for me. The spec may be old but the sensor still holds up and it is FF.

5D2 is Canon though, you have Nikon atm so it makes more sense to stay. but starting new for £400, 5D2 all day long for me. The spec may be old but the sensor still holds up and it is FF.
To be honest I am open to all brands, only Nikon can be on top because 18-105 I got.. but I have felt always really "attracted" to 5D Mark series... Will consider. To be honest if 2nd hand forum offers a good "crush" everything can happen... :)

I would recommend the D7200 , but also look at the older D300s still a good semi pro option and money saved can be put towards more lenses

I would not buy really old cameras or switch brand.

I would jump on that D7500 Today because that company changes prices like the weather and that camera has been 639+ forever now

i remember at one time a couple of years ago they were selling the D500 for 899. Now its 1039 or whatever.

you have to get them while the price is good

Thanks for your comments, ideal candidate is D7500 + my 18-105. But to be honest depends on what I found on second and, number of shots... You all know you can find your "crush" by chance...

What do you think guys on buying 5DMark II nowdays?!

Is 50.000 - 60.000 shots a non recommended body??

Where is the best place to buy second hand trustable equipment, considering I cannot access this forum?

Big thanks!!!

Last edited:
TBH unless you are desperate wait until you qualify to meet the classified rules for buying and selling on here and then see what is available

What do you think guys on buying 5DMark II nowdays?!

Why would you go from an old camera to another old camera, change brand and go to FF. Really bad idea.

I had a 5d mk 2 years back and it showed its age,

One example is changing ISO in manual mode.

I remember it was a horrid experience, i dont quite remember but it was something like press the ISO button, then move the command dial to change ISO, when changing ISO the exposure meter would vanish, then half press shutter to get out of ISO changing and exposure meter would return.

The later 6D and 5D MK 3 could be set up much better, hold set button, change ISO with command dial, release set button and the exposure meter would not vanish during that either. Far far better to use and i remember thinking what a massive improvement it was over the 5d mk 2

TBH unless you are desperate wait until you qualify to meet the classified rules for buying and selling on here and then see what is available
Really curious to have a look here. Will try to be patient but it's two months.. for the users you have access: is there really movement and good deals? I am assuming yes. Thanks Troutfisher.

Last edited:
Why would you go from an old camera to another old camera, change brand and go to FF. Really bad idea.

I had a 5d mk 2 years back and it showed its age,

One example is changing ISO in manual mode.

I remember it was a horrid experience, i dont quite remember but it was something like press the ISO button, then move the command dial to change ISO, when changing ISO the exposure meter would vanish, then half press shutter to get out of ISO changing and exposure meter would return.

The later 6D and 5D MK 3 could be set up much better, hold set button, change ISO with command dial, release set button and the exposure meter would not vanish during that either. Far far better to use and i remember thinking what a massive improvement it was over the 5d mk 2
Such a good and convincing explanation, Fujilover. That plus investing in objectives... Too expensive. Big thanks... I will keep on looking D7000 series...

Going from a D90, you might want to look at the D7xxx series. You can find a secondhand D7200 for not much more than that, or a D7100 for rather less.

Definetly have a look at the D7100 as there is not a great difference with that and the D7200 and you would be left with some change.
I picked up a secondhand D7100 (my other bodies are Canon :confused:, I know it's weird) a few months ago for £240 and I am well impressed with it.

Definetly have a look at the D7100 as there is not a great difference with that and the D7200 and you would be left with some change.
I picked up a secondhand D7100 (my other bodies are Canon :confused:, I know it's weird) a few months ago for £240 and I am well impressed with it.
Thanks for your advice! Really appreciate it. Could I know where you could find that great deal? Cheers!

Thanks for your advice! Really appreciate it. Could I know where you could find that great deal? Cheers!

I got it on eBay a few months ago with only 34k clicks. I have since noticed the prices seem to have gone up for this body which is surprising given so many people are switching to mirrorless. There always seems to be a few for sale at any given time so you might get lucky if you monitor. The lowest at the moment seems to be a buy now at £304.95 which I would still consider a very good deal given the spec of the camera.

I got it on eBay a few months ago with only 34k clicks. I have since noticed the prices seem to have gone up for this body which is surprising given so many people are switching to mirrorless. There always seems to be a few for sale at any given time so you might get lucky if you monitor. The lowest at the moment seems to be a buy now at £304.95 which I would still consider a very good deal given the spec of the camera.
Thanks Peter! I have lost two bets on Ebay around 400£ (with objective) this morning... Oh... Any links? Cheers.

Last edited:
Thanks Peter! I have lost two bets on Ebay around 400£ (with objective) this morning... Oh... Any links? Cheers.

From an excellent dealer with 6m warranty, ask for shutter count and a pic of the bottom or confirm condition.

From an excellent dealer with 6m warranty, ask for shutter count and a pic of the bottom or confirm condition.

Really good deal, need to know if includes battery and essential shot counter, I will write them RIGHT NOW, Cheers!!!

Really good deal, need to know if includes battery and essential shot counter, I will write them RIGHT NOW, Cheers!!!

Call them and you will likely get a response today. Also, make them an offer, LCE will sometimes entertain offers.
01392 279024

6 Months Warranty. This camera is in very good condition with some light signs of use. This camera is boxed with user manual, charger, USB cable and neckstrap.

Last edited:
Call them and you will likely get a response today. Also, make them an offer, LCE will sometimes entertain offers.
01392 279024

6 Months Warranty. This camera is in very good condition with some light signs of use. This camera is boxed with user manual, charger, USB cable and neckstrap.
No luck on the call, as per description, does not include battery. I will call first thing tomorrow. I have messaged as well. Does not look bad! Cheers Twist

No luck on the call, as per description, does not include battery. I will call first thing tomorrow. I have messaged as well. Does not look bad! Cheers Twist

No problem, Im 100% confident the battery is included and they havent mentioned it. They wouldnt sell a camera without a battery.

yeah! It must be... if shot counter is >50.000 I think It could be a great deal... but it is strange such a good offer compared others online.

Not unusual, LCE branches can be very competitive, they get so much stock in and turn it around fast, better selling than it sitting on the shelf.

Bid WON 432£!!! Would like to know your opinion:

1600017409879.png

Shutter Count: 31,426

Supplied with
Trekker Camera Bag
WF-6662A Tripod
Nikon MH-25 Charger
Nikon EN-EL15 Battery
Nikon Strap
San Disk 64GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Timer Remote
Nikon Body Cap
Nikon 18-55mm with Front Lens Caps.
Sigma 70-300mm With Front & Rear Caps & Hood

Last edited:
Bid WON 432£!!! Would like to know your opinion:

View attachment 292423

Shutter Count: 31,426

Supplied with
Trekker Camera Bag
WF-6662A Tripod
Nikon MH-25 Charger
Nikon EN-EL15 Battery
Nikon Strap
San Disk 64GB SDHC Class 10 Memory Card
Timer Remote
Nikon Body Cap
Nikon 18-55mm with Front Lens Caps.
Sigma 70-300mm With Front & Rear Caps & Hood

D7200 is a good option and there is quite a bit included ... just be aware of this thread: HERE

I’ve had my D7200 for ages and before that a D7000. Great cameras. My favourite lenses for them have been the 35mm f/1.8: great value, great image quality and perfect for indoors. The other is the 18-200mm superzoom. All round handy lens, not the greatest of quality but we have many pictures up around the house that I’ve taken with it. It’s a bit heavy but balances okay with the body.

I’ve had my D7200 for ages and before that a D7000. Great cameras. My favourite lenses for them have been the 35mm f/1.8: great value, great image quality and perfect for indoors. The other is the 18-200mm superzoom. All round handy lens, not the greatest of quality but we have many pictures up around the house that I’ve taken with it. It’s a bit heavy but balances okay with the body.
Thanks for your advice on lenses... What do you think about the pack purchased? Having a 18-105 (not in this pack but got it) I don't need the 18-55, not my favourite. Really interested in 35mm 1.8!

Last edited:
Back