Best/cheap compact for hiking with RAW, wide lens & timelapse function

Name
Tom
Edit My Images
Yes
As thread title.

Looking for a decent, doesn't have to be the best as will be taking price heavily into account, compact camera (fixed zoom lens preferable) that I can document 1-3 day hikes with.

It must be:

Small(ish) and light - any improvement on a Full Frame DSLR with 20mm prime or 16-35 zoom considered.
Shoot RAW or equivalent for good editing possibilities.
Wider lens than the standard 30mm full frame equivalent you tend to get (I'd love something falling 20mm and below)
Have a timelapse feature.

That's my wish list, can anyone here recommend anything suitable?

Thanks

The Panasonic LX100 is my go to camera, when I want light weight but decent results.

Well, there are Full Frame compacts out there but they are not cheap and I am not sure that even they can improve on a DSLR with a zoom lens?

I'm going to go on a weird limb here and suggest... Sony R1. Yes it is over 14 years - but I picked one up off Ebay the other week for only £50; I have not been impressed this much before with any camera; Offering RAW, APS C chip and a truly Stella lens - I'm very happy with it. Its not too "small" so not sure what size you exactly mean, but I think you'd be hard pressed to get a better alternative. I got a few photos last week, I'll try and post them up later. I really do suggest you have a quick look on DPreview or photography Blog. I think you will be surprised!

Back