Best deal on a Nikon Z7 body?

Edit My Images
No
The Z7 is being replaced by the Z7 II. Last week London Camera Exchange had a good deal on the Z7 camera body & FTZ adapter, but they sold out before I could place my order. So where's the best deal on z7 body now? I have checked Camera Price Buster and the obvious suspects, and can't see anyone coming close to the LCE deal. :tumbleweed:

Last edited:
Interesting. I have never bought from either before, so that's a bit of a poser. Are there any material risks in buying from them? I'm sure I've always seen Panamoz get a good press. All the same I would prefer to buy from a UK seller, if I can.

Interesting. I have never bought from either before, so that's a bit of a poser. Are there any material risks in buying from them? I'm sure I've always seen Panamoz get a good press. All the same I would prefer to buy from a UK seller, if I can.

I got my Z6 (kit + ftz) from E-infin with no problems.

No experience of this Neil and no axe to grind, but the thread on Eglobal Central closing its UK operation would make me want to enquire what happens with seller warranties on grey kit if the seller packs up.

I bought my Z7 kit from Panamoz, who offer a 3 year warranty. E-infin offer one.
You can buy from a UK dealer, with Nikon UK giving a 1 year warranty (check this though).
If you are prepared to wait a little I am sure that with the new version being introduced deals will be offered by UK dealers on original Z7's.
It's just no one knows when.

BTW, most of my Z lenses have been bought from UK dealers as at the time the grey importers offered little benefit. I'm not sure if this is always the case.

I bought my Z7 kit from Panamoz, who offer a 3 year warranty. E-infin offer one.
You can buy from a UK dealer, with Nikon UK giving a 1 year warranty (check this though).
If you are prepared to wait a little I am sure that with the new version being introduced deals will be offered by UK dealers on original Z7's.
It's just no one knows when.

BTW, most of my Z lenses have been bought from UK dealers as at the time the grey importers offered little benefit. I'm not sure if this is always the case.
I think holding tight is the best advice. It's just the thought of a new technological miracle at the front door .........

No experience of this Neil and no axe to grind, but the thread on Eglobal Central closing its UK operation would make me want to enquire what happens with seller warranties on grey kit if the seller packs up.
That's what bothers me, I think, especially on something as costly and complex as a modern digital camera. If I was buying something more 'inert' - a tripod for instance - I would be more relaxed about it.

This is a common, and not unreasonable, concern

My thoughts on it and why I always buy new stuff through such as Panamoz etc. is that in 40 years of owning cameras I've only ever had one issue where a repair was needed, and this was on a recently bought D750. It was just outside of any warranty and the repair cost was still less than the saving I made buying it, so even if the warranty had been valid still I'd not be better off

And that's why I will always buy from the cheapest seller as I'm still well over £1,000 up in savings despite that one repair

Dave

This is a common, and not unreasonable, concern

My thoughts on it and why I always buy new stuff through such as Panamoz etc. is that in 40 years of owning cameras I've only ever had one issue where a repair was needed, and this was on a recently bought D750. It was just outside of any warranty and the repair cost was still less than the saving I made buying it, so even if the warranty had been valid still I'd not be better off

And that's why I will always buy from the cheapest seller as I'm still well over £1,000 up in savings despite that one repair

Dave

I echo those above sentiments - the only thing that has hit the dust is the AF on my aging Canon 50mm 1.4 which is a common problem sadly! Not worth repairing I think so just sticking to manual focus on this one!

Back