Best Laptop for Adobe CC <£1k

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
Yes
Ok, so i am finally in a position where i can look to upgrade from my 8 year old Sony Vaio. I am looking to buy a new laptop in the January sales and it's looking like my options will be either a new Intel i7 or Ryzen 7 based Windows machine or a refurb Apple M1 based machine. Looking at the recommended specs from Adobe it looks like i will need 16gb of RAM. I have a 27" 4k monitor at home where i do most of my editing but obviously may need to edit using the laptop screen when i am on holiday/travelling.

What machine/specs would you go for if you had £1k to spend?

I’ve got the m1 MacBook Pro and have zero issues with it. I did buy mine with more storage so it was over 1k but if you don’t need as much SSD you’ll be ok. I find it much faster and much more capable than and i9 and i7 processor MacBook I had previously

It really depends if you need premiere pro or not. That thing is really gpu and everything else heavy and you might struggle but for other things you will be pretty much fine, just watch out the screens to get a decent IPS or oled with respectable resolution (ideally quite a bit more than full hd and to include P3)

It really depends if you need premiere pro or not. That thing is really gpu and everything else heavy and you might struggle but for other things you will be pretty much fine, just watch out the screens to get a decent IPS or oled with respectable resolution (ideally quite a bit more than full hd and to include P3)
No, I don't shoot video, just Lightroom and Photoshop for me!

Back