best macro lens on a budget

Name
Ron
Edit My Images
No
I own a Nikon d5600 and I'm looking to buy a macro 105mm. I was looking at used lenses but I never bought a used lens before. I looked on ebay & amazon but I'm apprehensive to take the plunge. I would appreciate your input. What i want to use this for is flowers and insects and whatever else i could fine.

There are businesses on ebay that sell photography equipment who have a no quibbles 30 day return policy.

I have tested tons of gear and sent back thousands worth that did not suit me.

There shouldn't be any problems if you use a reputable company like MPB, WEX, LCE, etc
Your best value option is probably the Sigma 105mm but don't ignore the Tamron 90mm.

You could try supplementary Raynox 150 or 250 close up lenses, I prefer 150 personally.
Alternatively a set of auto extension tubes can be had from Amazon for not many £sss

The beauty of Raynox is they let same amount of light through as the prime lens.
Whereas extension tubes let less light through, for 1:1 magnification this means opening up by 2 stops.

Also check out the Tokina 100mm f2.8, great macro lens at an affordable price.

just purchased a used raynox 250 and attached it to my 18-55mm kit lens until I get a 70-something lens. The kit lens is not really doing it justice but assuming you have or long lens then from what I have seen of the images in the Budget Macro threads it will be perfect paired with the right lens and means I can always keep it in the bag for adhoc needs.

I have a Nikon 105 macro for sale on here at the moment. Check out the Classified under Nikon.

Cheers,

Matt.

As another option the older Tamron 90mm f/2.8 is well worth a look the older versions can be picked up for very little money.

Back