Best of WHF 09 comp (with prize)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Name
neil
Edit My Images
Yes
Thought i would start a best of thread for all TP meets at WHF for 2009 with a vote at the end and a nice little prize for the winner. The prize will be a Hotshoe spirit level (y)

The Rules

Must have been from the 2009 tp meets only
One picture only by each person
closing date will be 30th of dec 09
voting open after thread is closed and voting for a week
It can have been posted before but must be taken by the person posting
All entrys must abide by forum rules
Any entrys not abiding buy these will be void

Last edited:
I will post mine, but if i win (not likely) i will pass prize to the next person

(y)

Here's mine, taken as the sunset on the first of my two visits to WHF this year, the lions were only slightly interested in the WWII aircraft that were whizzing around overhead.

3758093787_444344a354_o.jpg

3852353441_ed5d70d0a7_o.jpg

Great photos so far guys.. Looking forward to next years trip..

md

LOVING this thread!! Keep them coming.

From the July meet

_V2C4969-Edit.jpg

While technically not the best I've got, I think it goes some way to show the power and fierceness in these guys:

3758725335_ba86985b7a_o.jpg

Taken at the July 09 meet

Have another shameless bump (even though this is a sticky)..............and my photo. ;)

4161094504_b69d4bbce8_o.jpg

Thanks for the bumps kev i was wondering where everyone had went to :thinking:

Thanks for the bumps kev i was wondering where everyone had went to :thinking:

Back up. lol

I could post alot more cat shots if you want matey...

md

Back up. lol

I could post alot more cat shots if you want matey...

md

Might have to come to that mate, cant believe theres only been a few pics posted, I guess the prize just isn't big enough :D

sorry whats WHF??

Great shots though guys. this kind of photography really puts a smile on my face. pat yourselves on the back coz these are superb and would look great up on anyones walls at home.

Surely there must be more shots to be posted, its a bit of a poor turn out and to think how much effort the tp team and kev put into the meets and people can't even post there fav shot from there days out :nono::nono::LOL::exit:

Wow, some incredible shots that I have missed from the previous threads, well done guys :)

What sort of focal length do you need for these places?

normally a 70-200 is perfect, 100-400 is also good, sometimes a 17-40, and sometimes long lenses but for the most part you dont need massive lenses for WHF.

I generally get the 600 out at the end of the day to try and get shots of the cats when they arent reacting to me or other people, so i can be further away.

Last edited:
Cheers folks, I want to use my MF camera for something like this but the 150mm equates to 85mm on a 35mm camera and even the 250 only equates to about 135mm on 35. The only other option is the 500mm but that would a) break the bank and b) be bloody hard to focus as the max aperture is F8.

A friday evening bump for this thread, I think it seriously deserves it, there are some excellent shots all over the animal forum from WHF'ers, so come on you lot, get posting your best ones here (y)

Thanks (y)

Just seen this so here's a couple of mine from the September meet.
Serval

Last edited:
Not long left to post your shot peeps so hurry up before its to late :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back