Best place for CF cards?

Name
Josh
Edit My Images
No
Hi there guys,

On Saturday I will be leaving for the Ukraine and Russia for a week and will of course be taking the camera. Unfortunately due to shortages of funds after paying for the trip I have left it very late to get spare memory! After seeing the thread about Tesco having £2.95 CF cards I checked all of the stores within 20 miles to no avail. I'm looking for the best place to go to get some CF memory in the south west of Cornwall at a decent price. Going from online prices both Jessops and Currys seem to be charging a lot even for 2/4GB cards. Can anyone reccomend good stores in my area that generally stock cards at competetive prices? Ideally looking for a few Sandisk 30MB/s 4GB! :help:

Thanks in advance!

I always use 7dayshop. seem to be the best price when i google around for them

7dayshop are great on prices but I would be worried about them being delivered before you go as it can actually take 7 days for them to arrive!!

I've bought mine of mymemory.co.uk and they've almost always arrived in 2-3 days time.

Cheers

Last edited:
ultra 2 4gig at tesco direct are £12.23, 8gig £19.90 can order online and pick up next day in store if i remember right.

Thanks for all the fast replies guys! Love 7dayshop, but as stated shipping times can be quite varied. Have been looking at amazon and mymemory as well as Tesco. Would like to try and get to a bricks and mortar shop tomorrow though to see if I can get them there and then. Amazon will more than likely be my last resort. Can't believe none of the Tescos near me even stock them :shrug:

I'd try Amazon 1st - they're usually the cheapest - I got my Lexar 400x 8gb UDMA CF cards cheaper from them than anywhere else... By almost £11 :eek:

But that was a couple of months ago now havent looked since as not in the market for some yet :p

Asda have some 4gb Sandisk Ultra CF cards in - 30mbs for £15

Just a suggestion but have you considered one of those external memory devices?

I don't know its exact name, but it has a CF slot at the top - you plug your card in, press download and it backs it up, comes in 80-160g versions or roundabout I think. Small and portable.

Rich

Let me know if you can't get any, our local one had 2 or 3
Thank-you I appreciate that :)
Just a suggestion but have you considered one of those external memory devices?

I don't know its exact name, but it has a CF slot at the top - you plug your card in, press download and it backs it up, comes in 80-160g versions or roundabout I think. Small and portable.

Rich
I hadn't seen those, I'll have a look on google and see.

I have seen some CF to SDHC converter cards, are the transfer speeds slowed down by this method? As I have loads of SDs lying around from my 450D

What 4gig CF would you recommend?

I will only use a top brand like Sandisk, as these cards will be holding some of your only photographs from a trip or event, and I have never had a Sandisk card fail. I would not go for the cheapest cards available, plus there are many fake Sandisk cards floating around especially on ebay.

What 4gig CF would you recommend?

Lexar Professional 400x UDMA CF cards are/seem to be cheaper than the Sandisk equivalant..

I picked up a 4gb & 2x 8gb's Lexar 400x UDMA cheaper than Sandisk CF cards (from Amazon if I can remember)

I just bought a lexar 30mb/sec ffrom amazon for 15squid. So far it works perfect with 7d.

Back