Best price on EOS 50D ?

Name
Steve
Edit My Images
No
Hi all :wave:

The best price I've found is £849.95 inc delivery from Simply Electronics :) does anyone know of a better deal for body only :thinking:

Steve

Hi all :wave:

The best price I've found is £849.95 inc delivery from Simply Electronics :) does anyone know of a better deal for body only :thinking:

Steve
I would go for it at that price, dont think you will find one cheaper in the uk.

Simply Electronics is a grey importer. Its not UK stock.

Thanks Andrew

I've been looking into simply electronics and they claim to be UK but they are HK based and as you say a grey importer! Their warranty is in-house :| They also seem to get a bit of bad press on different forums as well as here :thinking: I'll look elsewhere :D

Steve

Last edited:
Find a cheap price on the net then go to Jessops or other shop that has a website, contact them and see if they will price match.

Calumet price matched mine before it was released.

Just ensure if you do ask for price match that you are matching like for like,

bentonville mall is uk stock @ 859 + del at the moment - that is where min is coming from.

On Tuesday morning this week I ordered my 50D, bundled with a Sandisk Extreme III 8GB card, for £832 delivered and including taxes from www.digitalrev.com. That makes it about £795 for the body. The price is with the 5% discount for using PayPal.

According to DHL tracking it was processed for Clearance at 09:26 this morning at Heathrow and departed Heathrow at 09:38 (not long to wait now :woot: ).

I note today that prices from Hong Kong suppliers seem to be going up. Prices have, in general, been fluctuating on an almost daily basis over the last couple of weeks from UK and HK suppliers. I'm sure the swing in GBP/USD exchange rates (upon which the HKD exchange rate is based) is a factor.

I'm also looking at picking up a couple of fast primes, for winter weddings, and I note that prices from Hong Kong are now struggling to even match UK prices, much less beat them.

I'm sure that overall the trend in prices will remain downward but if you want a camera now and see a good (and trustworthy) price then you should probably grab it before it slips away from you, albeit temporarily.

EDIT : Order payment completed at 08:53 on Tuesday. Delivery completed at 14:10 on Thursday (from Hong Kong!). They even threw in the Digital Rev gift pack, which is included with their eBay sales, but which I did not expect to receive. The Sandisk card is one of the new 30MB/s cards :)

20081023_142706_03245_LR.jpg

Last edited:
Bentonville has offered to freeze the price for me. I commited to the sale with a deposit and got the price as they originally had it for 829 but has risen in 3 weeks to 859. I didnt want to wait till i had all the funds and see the rpice has gone up again!

Hi all :) just ordered from thompsons-online via Amazon for a few pence short of £845 and seems OK to me :D Oh well... still saving up for the 5D mk11 :LOL:

Steve P.

Last edited:
Mine arrived today (Tuesday) ordered Sunday, which is pretty good going and I'm well happy with it :D It's a full UK model and came from the UK :) so really can't fault the seller (y)

Steve

Back