Best recent deal on 450D kit?

Name
David
Edit My Images
Yes
I keep seeing quite a few people getting these recently, so thought I'd ask.

Well, with the Boots deal now over (All stock has gone). I wondered what the best deals were out there that people were getting?

keep an eye on the boots deal... Was out of stock on saturday, but then my mate bought one yesterday.. So its out there on occasion!

Hmm, it's now changed to "Sorry sold out". I think that's the end. I was I was checking again most of last night.

So back to my original post. What's tthe best kit deal price people have found recently? (From a reputable place, not some random!)

Best I've seen with Jacobs or Jessops is
434 Cost
-10 voucher
-50 cashback
-------------
374 Total.

Has anyone found or got much better recently, not including the Boots deal! :(

The Jessops 10plus10 coupon expires today.

the same as there instore offer. When I went last Friday they were doing the same £10 off instore.

To be honest I'm sure one could haggle that £10 back off. ;) Plus maybe they will be replacing it with a better offer........? :D

Hmm, I wonder Jessops or Jacobs would pricematch against Amazon, anyone know?

Also somewhat disappointed re the boots situation, struggling to believe there is nothing remotely close. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Jessops deal improves as we get closer to 25/12

Just take cash. Talk to the store manager. Lay cash on the counter and say I want to pay this much for a 450D. Take it or leave it. If you've done your sums right and it doesn't involve a lot of messing about claiming things here there and everywhere, and take evidence of other peoples genuine offers then the may accept your offer.

Last edited:
Well yeah, it'd be a standard lens kit price, and the only messing about after would be the Canon cashback.

Also somewhat disappointed re the boots situation, struggling to believe there is nothing remotely close. I'm going to hold out in the hope that Jessops deal improves as we get closer to 25/12

Same here. Maybe go with cash on boxing day.

andrewc, i spoke to my local jessops manager the other day, told him the boots deal and said is there anything you can do with the price, he said no the margin was already too small, not even $10 off!!!!

That amazon price is a non IS lens is it?

Same here. Maybe go with cash on boxing day.

andrewc, i spoke to my local jessops manager the other day, told him the boots deal and said is there anything you can do with the price, he said no the margin was already too small, not even $10 off!!!!

Eeeek. Might be worth me getting the one I want today then before the Jessops extra £10 off expires. AArrrrghhh - what to do!?!

Do Jessops do price matching generally? And if so, against UK internet sites?

That amazon price is a non IS lens is it?

The amazon one is definately with the IS lens kit.
Canon EOS 450D Digital SLR Camera Kit (incl EF-S 18-55mm IS f/3.5-5.6 non USM Lens Kit)

Jessops occassionally do price matches - sometimes against magazines, rarely against websites, and if they do, only if its a genuine price and not a promotional offer, and in stock.

Your best bet IMO is to tell the store manager that you're not walking out of the shop without a camera but know that there are cheaper alternatives and its who gets the business.

OK, I just phoned Jacobs.
Their list price = £434.
Today's discount on DSLR = 10%
Comes to £391
Less £50 Canon cashback = £341

That's me sold, I'm off down there to collect it in about an hour. :)

I'll worry about what else I need after. hehe

Nice price lad! 10% off dslr's?! Sounds a steal!!

Turned out the chap I spoke to got it wrong, that was only off compacts (which I suspected even after I got him to confirm it!). Anyways, I went down to get it, they realised they'd made a mistake, and couldn't do it for that.

But I figured it'd give me more bargaining power anyways. ;) The best they offered to start was: £425 inc a UV filter.

In the end I got

a 450D with kit lens,
a UV Filter,
a Sandisk 4GB III SD card,
and an extra year's warranty​

for £434. Then obviously there's £50 cashback from Canon, taking it to 384, including all the extras.

So considering I was gonna pretty much buy it at £424 on its own anyways, I came away pretty happy. :)

Interesting, now £420!

Up again to £433 now. Probably keep going up until the 22nd Dec (last day you can get your delivery before Xmas), and will drop off sharpish afterwards.

Personally, I'm just waiting till after Xmas till I replace mt DSLR. Currently eying up a D200, hoping that maybe a few people will be getting upgrades to a D700 or something over Xmas, and I'll be only too happy to take their old D200 off their hands. ;)

Edit: Oh, I'm a bit late. Gratz on your purchase! :D

Last edited:
Ah, my confidence is dwindling. Ii'm getting in the neck from my wife who wants to get it sorted and under the tree. Having tinkered with the 450D and 1000D I do feel I will always feel like the I traded down if I take a 1000D, yet I cant really go above £350ish Net. She is not going to be happy if I ask her to wait till after xmas.

HC

Just keep looking on the boots website. I have been regularly checking all week and this morning it was 'in stock' so I snapped one up quick. Literally straight after it went to 'sorry sold out'.

It is by far the best deal about - I hope everyone who is interested in the deal manages to get one.

How much was it at Boots when available?
Bob

The camera is £428.52
- £42.85 Paypal 10% = £ 385.67 - this is the price you pay then;
- £50 canon cashback = £ 335.67
- £20.50 boots points = £ 315.17
- £13.50 topcash = £ 301.67

Looks like the Boots deal has changed from "out of stock" to "sorry sold out" and the listing has been removed from their website. I'm annoyed with myself for missing it, so as far as I can see the best deal on a 450D with 18-55 IS lens is Jacobs at £429 incl free Canon 10G bag.

Unfortunately they don't seem to offer collect in store, so I might go for Jessops deal at £434 (no bag).

Anyone know of a better deal before I splash the cash??

similarly to yourself I gave up on boot last week. Jessops gave me:

-£10 425
-50 375 (canon cash back)
-25 350 (voucher towards canon accessories - ordered semihard case)

Not as good as boots - but it waits for me under the tree and wife is now happy!!

I've just got back from Jessops. I bought the 450D at £434.50 with a free 8GB flash drive. Now I just need to remember to do the cashback thing (I wonder how many people never claim).

I didn't see the Canon giftcard on their website until I got home so I didn't ask for it in the shop and wasn't given it. I've just phoned them and they will give me the gift card but only if I return to the shop. Dunno if I will to be honest, it's way out of my way to go there and with work I'm not sure I can get there. :(

On the plus side however - what a camera! And for the price... how do they do it?

Yeh I saw the free flash drive in store today. Had presumed they were offering instread of £25 voucher if in addition I should have waited! (got lots of 2Gb drives, but 8Gb is worth having)

Back