Best rechargeables for Speedlites ?

Edit My Images
Yes
Been using 7dayshop 2900 rechargeables thus far but starting to let me down with slow recharge on the flash and losing charge quite quickly.

Before i splash out on some more just wondered what people have found to work best ? - Flash is Nikon sb800

Cheers,
Mike.

The best longlife rechargeable batteries by far are Eneloops. You can store them for years and theywill still have a 70% charge left in them.
For shorter periods they lose nothing at all.
I use them in just about everthing now, and always in my flashes. They are most definitely worth the little ectra cost.

I am not brave enough to shop in Ikea, I fear that I would never find my way out again.
Nor have I compared their batteries to actual eneloops.

Last edited:
The best longlife rechargeable batteries by far are Eneloops. You can store them for years and theywill still have a 70% charge left in them.
For shorter periods they lose nothing at all.
I use them in just about everthing now, and always in my flashes. They are most definitely worth the little ectra cost.

THIS! :plus1:

Another vote for Eneloop.

Never used eneloops everyone is saying are good.
I have always loved Duracell and energiser high capacity ones but they don't make them like they used to.
I used to get over 3000mah versions but now they seem to be 2300 and 2500 everywhere, booooo.

Never used eneloops everyone is saying are good.
I have always loved Duracell and energiser high capacity ones but they don't make them like they used to.
I used to get over 3000mah versions but now they seem to be 2300 and 2500 everywhere, booooo.

Duracell and other ordinary nicad's have a terrible shelf life from fully charged and are always half flat when you come to use them. Eneloops hold the charge till you need to use them. Eneloops also come charged when you buy them.

In Canada the IKEA batteries are Ladda 2450 mAh. Same as Europe/Britain?

The profits of !kea are based on everything Wallmart wouldn't
care less… in that sense, rebranding the best in high quantity
is one of their trump as well as original design, practicality, etc.

I have seen a test reportage associating the two brands, yes.

Duracell and other ordinary nicad's have a terrible shelf life
Eneloops hold the charge

Terrible shelf life but the best output for flash and the fastest
charge — up to 6C and no raise in temperature while charging.
This is a property and feature of the electrochemical compound.

Other electrochemical compound have other features/failures.

The profits of !kea are based on everything Wallmart wouldn't
care less… in that sense, rebranding the best in high quantity
is one of their trump as well as original design, practicality, etc.

I have seen a test reportage associating the two brands, yes.
Sorry, I don't understand a word of that... [emoji13]

Sell the flash, buy a Godox V860II and never worry about pesky AA batteries again.

Great tip on the IKEA batteries. Thanks. I shall get a few next time i go there

Might take a punt on the Ikeas today and see how they go - if eneloop rebrands can they be used straight of the packet ?

How do you know IKEA rechargeables are rebranded Eneloops? In Canada the IKEA batteries are Ladda 2450 mAh. Same as Europe/Britain?

Eneloops were originally developed by Sanyo. Panasonic bought a big chunk of Sanyo, including the Eneloop brand, but due to anti-trust laws didn't acquire the original battery factory in Japan, which is now owned by Fujitsu subsidiary FDK. FDK makes a lot of Eneloops for Panasonic in Japan (other Eneloop-branded batteries are made at factories in China). FDK also makes batteries with the Eneloop technology for other brands:

http://eneloop101.com/batteries/rewrapped-batteries/

If you see a 'low self discharge' NiMH battery with similar specifications to an equivalent Eneloop and it's labelled 'made in Japan', it's probably an FDK battery with Eneloop technology. I have black Fujitsu batteries from 7dayshop that are equivalent to Eneloop Pro. It looks like the white higher capacity Ikea Ladda batteries are also equivalent to Eneloop Pro.

Duracell and other ordinary nicad's have a terrible shelf life from fully charged and are always half flat when you come to use them. Eneloops hold the charge till you need to use them. Eneloops also come charged when you buy them.

Duracell make "pre charged" "stay charged" version that are near 1/3 cheaper with a quick look at amazon.

12.89 VS 8.85 on Amazon for almost identical MAH rating.

Mind you, I only use Eneloop at this point but I saw the test report
and I will get the much cheaper IKEA rebrand next time I got to town…
witch I hate btw… life is too good in the country! :cool:

Can you use any NiMH charger to charge eneloops (and the rebranded IKEA ones), or do you need a dedicated one?

Duracell make "pre charged" "stay charged" version that are near 1/3 cheaper with a quick look at amazon.

12.89 VS 8.85 on Amazon for almost identical MAH rating.

tried some, one failed. it would not hold a charge. I am sure they have done their bests to copy the eneloop construction and chemistry, as far as closely as they can with out breaking their patents.
But they are not the same.

I have noticed other makers are doing likewise.

Pansonic bought out Sanyo to to acquire their battery facilities and patents, to produce Eneloops. I still have some of the original sanyo ones going strong.

Can you use any NiMH charger to charge eneloops (and the rebranded IKEA ones), or do you need a dedicated one?

Any decent Nimh charger works, But it is always best to get chargers that treat each battery separately.

tried some, one failed. it would not hold a charge. I am sure they have done their bests to copy the eneloop construction and chemistry, as far as closely as they can with out breaking their patents.
But they are not the same.

I have noticed other makers are doing likewise.

Pansonic bought out Sanyo to to acquire their battery facilities and patents, to produce Eneloops. I still have some of the original sanyo ones going strong.

Ok well I have dozens of Duracell and never had a fail, leak or any other problem so I don't agree they are somehow poor

Ok well I have dozens of Duracell and never had a fail, leak or any other problem so I don't agree they are somehow poor

Duracell were always the gold standard for alkali batteries.
They have always been playing catch up with rechargeables.
But they are not poor.

Any decent Nimh charger works, But it is always best to get chargers that treat each battery separately.
I use this one for my 7dayshop batteries, which charges fast and appears to deal with each battery separately.

The dedication is towards the electro-chemical compound
very rarely a brand. :)

Back