Best Restaurant In Town....?

Dark Star

TPer Emeritus
Name
John
Edit My Images
Yes
Hard to book a table here its sooo popular!

(No idea what they are though....ID someone?)

bugs.jpg

I think Brains has got it right ... :LOL: ... I believe they are some kind of Sawfly larvae ... :thinking: ... but I can't tell you what sort ... :shrug: ... many plants have Sawfly named after them as it is their favourite food source ... :D

Gooseberry Sawfly Larvae
... something like these and do they drop off if you touch them or the plant ... :cautious:

HTH ... and great capture too John ... love the synchronized tail waggling ... :D

:p

Thanks chaps - and for the ID!

Yes I did use a flash on this one - best of a mixed bunch with and withou flash

Using the good old Canon 100m f2.8!

Some eatin' going on there then..... Took me a while to figure out what I was looking at too :LOL: Excellent clarity. I even spotted the (young?) one with the different coloured head. Good shot, well done.........

David.

Thanks again folks!

I even spotted the (young?) one with the different coloured head. Good shot, well done.........

David.

Yep - at least they seem to have a children's menu :D

Good spot and good shot

Very nice shot indeed. Nice clean background with the whole subject nice and sharp. My only criticism would be the slightly harsh highlight on the leaf.:)

Thanks again all! Credit to my Mrs for spotting these critters on her rose tree and knowing me well enough to give me a shout :D

My only criticism would be the slightly harsh highlight on the leaf.:)

I agree MK and I tried to soften it all little in PP but everytime I tried I spoiled the image (not skilled enough!) - so I left it! :D

Nice shots John, love the way they all move the rear end out of harms way.:clap:

Good but revolting! Its their legs!! YUK!

Did you bring the leaf indoors John, looks like a spot of woodwork behind there!

Found I had a similar shot from 2005 :D

3-caterpillars.jpg

I think you will find they are sawfly lavae... though which particular type Im not sure.

Hope that helps.

J

Good but revolting! Its their legs!! YUK!

Did you bring the leaf indoors John, looks like a spot of woodwork behind there!

Yep Janice - I moved the restaurant indoors - but when I'd finished I put them back out again!! I'm nice like that.

Thanks for the confirmed ID! (y)

:eek: now thats organised! synchronised eating or what? :LOL: nice shots!!!

Back