Best shows on Prime/Netflix?

DorsetDude

Spud
Name
Keith
Edit My Images
Yes
anyone any recommendations for either? Ive cancelled prime because to me the selection is she-ite, However am desperately trying to finish the man in the high castle as thats pretty good. Into the Badlands also not bad. Black sails was a bit dull I thought and the Arrow ones just ridiculously bad acting all round. Bosch series 1 was pretty good too, second one a bit slow.(although Geri Ryan looking very nice in it :love:)

Anything worth going back to Netflix for? Daredevil season 2 I presume is out now? Any others?

Cheers all.

I see Prime as a freebie since I've got it for my deliveries anyway...But from a shows perspective: Mr Robot is my favourite. Then soon there will be top gear. My daughter absolutely loves Pretty Little Liars and so on.

"How to get away with murder" and "Spotless" are both worth a look.

Prime is terrible. There's literally nothing worth watching on it. I meant to cancel it but forgot. Waste of £80 a year to be honest. Free deliveries aren't enough to keep it. If the new Grand Tour isn't up to standard then it's definitely getting the chop next year.

Netflix has tons of stuff. Bloodline, Orphan Black. Breaking Bad, Suits, White Collar, Fringe, How to get away with murder, 8 series of Red Dwarf, Still Game. I'm always finding new things. I look at prime once every few months and it's just the same old crap. Netflix have lots of older series as well that I watched before or half watched so it's great to see all of something again.

Just started watching Stranger things on Netflix. 80's sci-fi/horror, like a less child friendly Super-8. Loving it so far.

Forgot to say Vikings wasn't too bad on Prime either.

I was going to mention Vikings, it's the reason we got Prime in the first place.

Preacher is supposed to be good, that's my next to-watch after we've finished Black Sails series 3. 6 Episodes in to S3 so far though and I'm not that impressed with this series, it's gotten too political and is dragging a bit.... someone needs to get swashing their buckle.

I was going to mention Vikings, it's the reason we got Prime in the first place.

Preacher is supposed to be good, that's my next to-watch after we've finished Black Sails series 3. 6 Episodes in to S3 so far though and I'm not that impressed with this series, it's gotten too political and is dragging a bit.... someone needs to get swashing their buckle.
Give 'the man in the high castle' a go. Well worth it.

Missed it first time round so I'm watching Breaking Bad on Netflix at the moment. Also having a blast watching Bottom, has me in stitches every time :D As others have mentioned theres Orphan Black, I quite like Jessica Jones, Sense8, Marco Polo, Grace and Frankie, (although it might not be to everyones taste there's a lot of vagina jokes) and I even got through all 5 seasons of Fringe. Worth the £7 subscription imo

Netflix has tons of stuff. Bloodline, Orphan Black. Breaking Bad, Suits, White Collar, Fringe, How to get away with murder, 8 series of Red Dwarf, .

Incidentally all available on sky.
As is Mr Robot.

I see Prime as a freebie since I've got it for my deliveries anyway...But from a shows perspective: Mr Robot is my favourite. Then soon there will be top gear. My daughter absolutely loves Pretty Little Liars and so on.
I also see Prime as a freebie.

Don't understand why more photographers aren't signed up though. The photo storage is terrific.

Thanks for the tip, I've not heard about stranger things looks good!

Westworld starts soon which I'm looking forward too.

I really enjoyed the UK show utopia. The first series was very good, the second not as good but still ok.

Last edited:
One show.
Oooooh :LOL:
Breaking bad is more than one season behind :p I know because that was the reason to get Netflix at the time (well it came 'free' with my phone so I made most of it). But granted if you like old and out of season stuff (bit like boxing day sales) then other channels and sources will eventually pick it up. There are other means as well but perhaps best not discussed.

Suits is a Dave show... Not ahead on Netflix AFAIK.
I don't really care ad I only pay the TV license fee ;)

Netflix have some OK remakes. But how they spent £10m per episode on Marco Polo beats me, they must have paid 50p for the script.

The Expanse on Netflix, pretty good for a first series.

Vikings started out great but it's turning into coronation street.

The Last Kingdom on Netflix might be good, it's based on the series of books by Bernard Cornwell (Sharpe's Rifles) Saxon Chronicals.

Prime: Elementary. A Sherlock Holmes variant. Where Sherlock himself is a complete, eccentric nutter. Always doing something daft. And always saying the worst thing possible to upset people.
I also see Prime as a freebie.

Don't understand why more photographers aren't signed up though. The photo storage is terrific.
I presume they delete all your pictures when you stop paying?
And they have cocked up the uploader.

I only got Prime for the telly. As most deliveries are free or not covered by Prime anyway. But I only pay £40/yr. for it.

Last edited:
On prime I liked Mad Men, Mr Robot was good also really enjoyed Mad Dogs. First series of Vikings was great but I lost interest half way through series 2. Also just watched the first episode of Start Up which has Martin Freeman in it and it started well.

Netflix has some great stuff, Narcos, Suits, House of Cards to name but a few.

Prime: Elementary. A Sherlock Holmes variant. Where Sherlock himself is a complete, eccentric nutter. Always doing something daft. And always saying the worst thing possible to upset people.

I presume they delete all your pictures when you stop paying?
And they have cocked up the uploader.

I only got Prime for the telly. As most deliveries are free or not covered by Prime anyway. But I only pay £40/yr. for it.

We get lots if prime deliveries here (average of more than 1 a week)

I'd never recommend any cloud service as an only form of backup, but as a secondary backup, it's excellent. And obviously before ending it I'd ensure I didn't have an immediate need for it.

Yes. I think it's a way to make you feel you have to stay with Prime. They have been adding all these different services to keep you on Prime and paying.

I'd like to find an easy way to sync photos on the PC to The Prime server though.

Last edited:
i pay for Prime as i like free deliveries, one click buying etc Plus the Prime TV & movies compared to pretty much any of my other expenses its nothing
doesn't it work out at about £1.50 a week over the year?

Prime is kind of worth it, free delivery is good but the price you pay for the item is often higher which offsets that a bit, I often choose no rush delivery and get a £1 credit that goes towards buying ebooks. Also films and TV series, free music streaming (plus free downloads to your phone) and also if you've bought CDs in the past you'll find some at least available for free download too. I've not used the storage.

My other half is into The Crown on Netflix which to be honest does look amazing. The production values are way beyond what you'd get the BBC doing. Not sure that the script is all that great mind even if it did have a £100m budget.

Not usually my sort of thing but I am really enjoying 'Stranger Things' on Netflix.
Also, the Fargo series are worth a watch. Really well put together.Both on Netflix

Thanks for the mention of Stranger Things. I've just finished watching Series 1 over two otherwise boring nightshifts, absolutely gripping! Very 80s, and the soundtrack is superb.

Back