Best studio background music?

Name
Jamie
Edit My Images
No
What are people playing in their studios? I run a family portrait studio and currently play a background music Spotify playlist but it's getting a bit boring now and there's not much on there from recent years. I really need something that can appeal to a broad age range.

Nothing is going to appeal to everyone or to all ages.
Ask your subjects what they like or, better still, what they'd specifically like to have playing during their sessions. If they also use Spotify (ask them when they book) they could even make up their own playlists.
You could even make a thing of it in your marketing.
It's what they like that matters, after all, not what you (or your previous six clients) like. :)

Latest one for me is the cd T2 Trainspotting most tracks are great I have it LOUD.

Ask your subjects what they like

There's nothing stopping me doing this but I still need to be playing something when people arrive and in some cases, visitors aren't that comfortable at the beginning so they're not going to be in a position to start discussing music options.
Also, how do I deal with a group of 10 people? Who do I ask the question?

I think in some cases it might be a good idea to ask smaller family groups or children what they want to listen to but I need some generic playlists regardless.

I think for now I will continue using Spotify. I've found some more suitable playlists on there that I can use. I was more interested to hear what other studios are doing.

There's nothing stopping me doing this...
So do it. :)

...but I still need to be playing something when people arrive...
Why? If you must, and you insist on suggestions, I'd play something unobjectionable, classical, light and relaxing, such as Vivaldi's "Four Seasons". All it would take to change it to something more suitable (once you know what is more suitable) would be the click of a button.

...in some cases, visitors aren't that comfortable at the beginning so they're not going to be in a position to start discussing music options.
That's why I suggested asking them when they book their session.

Also, how do I deal with a group of 10 people? Who do I ask the question?
Nobody here can help you with this one. You have them in front of you, and only you can judge.
It's down to your own social skills.
Again, this is why I suggested asking them when they book their session.

So do it. :)

Why? If you must, and you insist on suggestions, I'd play something unobjectionable, classical, light and relaxing, such as Vivaldi's "Four Seasons". All it would take to change it to something more suitable (once you know what is more suitable) would be the click of a button.

That's why I suggested asking them when they book their session.

Nobody here can help you with this one. You have them in front of you, and only you can judge.
It's down to your own social skills.
Again, this is why I suggested asking them when they book their session.
So is this what you're doing in your studio?

Quick question. I presume you'll need to pay music licensing if you do this as part of your business?

Last edited:
Back