Best sunset i have seen this year...

tiss

Suspended / Banned
Edit My Images
No
5902216613_427fa83e03_b.jpg

The best suset i have seen this year on the isle of wight...

All c&c welcome good or bad...

tis indeed a cracking sunset. Not sure what to add in the way of crit but I do like the very simple and sparse use of detail. Just enough to set the scene and add some weight but it's not competing with the sky and sea for a voice in the photo.

tis indeed a cracking sunset. Not sure what to add in the way of crit but I do like the very simple and sparse use of detail. Just enough to set the scene and add some weight but it's not competing with the sky and sea for a voice in the photo.
thanks.....

Fantastic shot, the soft pastel colours really draw you in to the scene.

thanks for comments it was even more stunning than it looks on the photo..

Nice sunset indeed - but the shot lacks a certain something. Where's the gull, the boat, the lovers? Minimalism in itself has a certain beauty, but this, I reckon is a bit too fussy to be minimalist.

Nice sunset indeed - but the shot lacks a certain something. Where's the gull, the boat, the lovers? Minimalism in itself has a certain beauty, but this, I reckon is a bit too fussy to be minimalist.
I think it's a cracking shot and I'm not sure what at least 60% of that ^^^ means.

I think it's a cracking shot and I'm not sure what at least 60% of that ^^^ means.

I think what he may mean is that a sunset in itself, although beautiful, often needs something else to set it off perfectly in a visual sense. I would always be searching for a distinctive silhouette or something like that.

In my opinion photographs of sunsets often don't do justice to the subject . It may be that actually being there at the time adds an extra dimension to the experience which doesn't come through in a photo.

It may be that actually being there at the time adds an extra dimension to the experience which doesn't come through in a photo.

I totally agree with that.

I do link the colours, habour wall lead in and hint of detail in the town - especially the few window lights which give a real story.

I'm not sure what would have set it off, a boat in the foreground? sun setting on the horizon, some people walking down the habour wall?

Cheers.

Agreed and light reflected from the water is supreme.

I think what he may mean is that a sunset in itself, although beautiful, often needs something else to set it off perfectly in a visual sense. I would always be searching for a distinctive silhouette or something like that.

In my opinion photographs of sunsets often don't do justice to the subject . It may be that actually being there at the time adds an extra dimension to the experience which doesn't come through in a photo.

Indeed.

Superb landscape.

You were presented with a fine specimen of a subject. And you absolute nailed the shot.

Die straight horizon. Perfect balance between sky and foreground. Beautiful subtle colours in both the sky and the sea. And great exposure time too (y)

I'd usually try to get some foreground action going on (Aberal and his lovers???). For me this one works well 'cos of the pier on the RHS which leads you nicely into the centre

Back