Best Xmas present ever - first pics!!

Name
David Thomas
Edit My Images
Yes
Ladies and Gents. Completing my 52 just wasn't to be. I tried to come back and work got even more hectic (the military isn't the sort of job where you can put it on the back burner!) and then we had the birth of our wonderful daughter, Lydia Grace Thomas, 7lb 8oz at birth on 13 Dec 09. Both mother and daughter are doing wonderfully well and we couldn't be prouder or more happy.

A HUGE congratulations to all who got through it and I can see real progression in peoples work throughout the year, which is wonderful to see. I've got a notebook full of notes on ideas for the ones I missed so I may still try and do them when i get some spare time.

I hope everyone has a great new year and continues to capture great images.

Here's a few shots to introduce our little treasure!

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

showphoto.php
[/url][/IMG]

Last edited:
Congratulations on your beautiful daughter and a beautiful set of photographs - Lydia is a lovely name.

wow, congrats, it is a wonderful time in your life...enjoy!

especially love 2nd and 5th pictures...

Excellent photos you will have great memories looking back on them. I love the one with Lydia's hand, I just love babies hands so perfect but in miniature and so fragile too. Best of luck. (y)

Congratulations Dizzy, amazing pic's and i have to say, number 2 and 5 are just stunning, all the best.

Thanks! Shorty - sorry for not giving warning of a colour shot, but the Christmas hat needed a bit of colour! The second one was taken through the plastic of the cot where the pediatricians were checking her over just after the birth. I got some very odd looks!

Hey congrats, good b&w conversions but #3 for me.

Fantastic news, Dizzy! You can totally be forgiven for giving us a colour shock. :D

She is just gorgeous - you must be so delighted with her. We will want regular updates on her progress - she's the first "52 Baby" :)

The photos are great, and my favourite is number 2. Babies' feet are so cute!

Many, many congratulations to you and your wife, and best wishes for 2010. (y)

Jean

Last edited:
Oh, wow David :love:

Congratulations on the birth of Lydia and what a perfect end to what was a very difficult year for both of you.

I'm so happy for you and it's great to see you back on here and I bet she ends up with the most comprehensive photobook of her development.

A weekly pic sounds great, are you going to give it a go?

Pretty please :nuts: as us girls at least would love to see them.

Congrats again to you both and a Happy New Year with love from Jill x

Beautiful pics of a beautiful little angel.. congratulations!

Fantastic news, Dizzy! You can totally be forgiven for giving us a colour shock. :D

She is just gorgeous - you must be so delighted with her. We will want regular updates on her progress - she's the first "52 Baby" :)

The photos are great, and my favourite is number 2. Babies' feet are so cute!

Many, many congratulations to you and your wife, and best wishes for 2010. (y)

Jean

Thanks, Jean. We are over the moon with her! We'll be even happier when we're getting more sleep... ;)

Oh, wow David :love:

Congratulations on the birth of Lydia and what a perfect end to what was a very difficult year for both of you.

I'm so happy for you and it's great to see you back on here and I bet she ends up with the most comprehensive photobook of her development.

A weekly pic sounds great, are you going to give it a go?

Pretty please :nuts: as us girls at least would love to see them.

Congrats again to you both and a Happy New Year with love from Jill x

Thanks, Jill. I have been doing pics in each week so far, unfortunately I'll only be able to do the first 6-7 months as I'm off to Afghanistan at the end of July; at least I should be back for Christmas though. Should I start a first 6 months thread then??

Back