Better Beamer

Name
Neil Williams
Edit My Images
No
Guy's
Anyone on here using a Better Beamer when out shooting birds?? If so how are they and is it worth the $$$$$

I had to google as I'd never heard of a better beamer, results returned this (which I guess is where you found it?)
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/better_beamer.shtml

For $40 which is probably going to be £40 in the UK (instead of about £25) despite the exchange rate - I'd go for it, it looks a really good little piece of kit and I dont think you'll just be limited to birds or animals with this either:
Quote : "It's claimed that the device can effectively add 2 stops worth of "reach". I haven't measured it but I did find the flash to be effective in E-TTL daylight fill-flash mode out to at least 100 feet." - 100 foot length of flash reach. This makes a very interesting product.

Thanks guy's
Just email my supplier in KL Malaysia to see if he stocks them.............will find out in the morning

Never used one myself but i know someone who rates them, he particularly like using them for bif shots

Not many in the UK seem to use the beamer where in the US it almost seems standard issue. Never quite worked out why the Americans are happy to use a flash where in the UK it seems a bit of a no-no but that's how it is. I wonder if it's to do with the high cost of having to import all the relevant brackets on top of the beamer it's self as it's all US made.

Superb images from Glenn Bartley's examples but they all look rather unnatural and unreal. Great if you are creating images to illustrate a bird species for a guide book but personally the only flash I like is the sort which isn't obvious. Each to their own.

The UK suppier is http://www.speedgraphic.co.uk/diffusers_filters_etc/better_beamer/12837_p.html

I picked one up from eBay for £18 a few weeks ago.Basically you get 2 side panels, a piece of velcro and a lens, due to a neck injury I have'nt had a chance to get out and use it,so I can't comment on how good I think it is.

Thanks for the link! :Thumbs:

Going to get one of these in the next couple of weeks as I need it to use in the forest as I'am fed up of going to ISO 6400 and getting 1/250!

Back