Big Mac!

Name
Chris
Edit My Images
Yes
3255551514_e2dfc39b80_o.jpg

Just gotta let it warm up for a few hours before i take an 'early' and go have a play :D

:clap: Nice One :D

24 incher too :eek: :D

:crying::crying::crying: I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am SO jealous. That is one nice bit of kit!!(y)

More pics when it's up and running please!!!

:crying::crying::crying: I HATE YOU I HATE YOU I HATE YOU!!!!!!!:LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

I am SO jealous. That is one nice bit of kit!!(y)

More pics when it's up and running please!!!

:LOL:

I'm doing a before and after of the computer desk, to prove to the other half hoe much extra space we will gain :)

I'm trying to prove to my wife that i 'NEED' a iMac but it's not working yet. Mind you when we went to the Mac Store in Hammersmith she fell in love with the iPhone so i think she's coming round to the Mac idea!!! I'll keep working on her!!:LOL: (ooh that sounds a bit rude :naughty:)

I am officially saving for a 20" Mac but have a loooooong way to go.

I'm trying to prove to my wife that i 'NEED' a iMac but it's not working yet. Mind you when we went to the Mac Store in Hammersmith she fell in love with the iPhone so i think she's coming round to the Mac idea!!! I'll keep working on her!!:LOL: (ooh that sounds a bit rude :naughty:)

I am officially saving for a 20" Mac but have a loooooong way to go.

Try and make your PC 'unreliable' so that it NEEDS an upgrade ;)

I was expecting a stage by stage photo story :)

Opening brown box
Pulling iMAC box out
Opening iMAC Box
and so on .....

I now waiting a little longer to see if the rumoured quad core iMAC appears and what the next Mac Pro will be

I now waiting a little longer to see if the rumoured quad core iMAC appears and what the next Mac Pro will be

I was looking forward to the new Mac Mini that was suposed to be shown at the Macworld Expo but it never turned up!! I have a 22" screen which would have done but it's nowhere near the quality of the iMac.

I also have a 17" Xerox screen which is the best i have seen if you don't include iMac.

Chillimonster, Are you going from a Windows PC to a mac?

It will be interesting to see if you go back to using Windows!! Now stop writing on here and get the iMAc set up and take some pix!! :D

It will be interesting to see if you go back to using Windows!!

To be honest, i rarely boot up the windows partition as i spend most of my time in OSX.

There's just one or two programs that i tend to run in windows due to familiarity :)

Fabaroo! Congrats! and happy new mac, but i'm also jealous :p

That is a nasty cough you seem to be developing there mate....

If only :) (believe me i've been trying to think of a good excuse!!)

I'm the only one in this afternoon, and have to be here when the field staff return, plus being the manager i am supposed to set an example :D

I read in the FS forum that it's going back :eek: Whats wrong with it?

Selling as iMac is going back to apple due to a bad screen, and i'm going to wait on the next update of them before purchasing again.

I read in the FS forum that it's going back :eek: Whats wrong with it?

Screen's got a line of dead pixels on it :(

Appeared this morning on switch-on.

I got a call from apple 20 mins ago to see if i wanted an exchange, so i may take them up on it - they said its my call and it can be returned for refund if required.

Gotta say that apples Customer Service is outstanding (y)

Just a head's up.. since you have this option.

Two weeks ago, I went to an Apple reseller to buy an iMac as a replacement for my home server (which is a Windows Acer machine).

The store didn't have any, with the specific requirements we wanted. We asked if they'd order one for us; but we were told that they've (the store) been asked (by management) to get rid of thier stock and not to order anymore, for the time being.

Now, how much stock do they have :shrug:, how long will it take them to liquidate thier stock :shrug: .. but seeing that there's been hints of a new one soon, and this incident. We've decided to hold back.

It'll be because its a reseller Wail. If you buy from Apple themselves, they would probably have been willing to order it in (with them having the direct line to return unsold stock ofc)

Gutted about the line of dead pixels chilli, I'd take them up on a fresh replacement if it were me

Damn, never heard of that sort of problem with a Mac before :(

Damn, never heard of that sort of problem with a Mac before :(

It reminds me of the effect you used to get on the 'big' gfx cards that used to overheat and cause corruption, so i suppose it could be that :shrug:

It'll be because its a reseller Wail. If you buy from Apple themselves, they would probably have been willing to order it in (with them having the direct line to return unsold stock ofc)

Exactly my point.

If the resellers want to clear their existing stock, and not be willing to order one for a potential client ... that says a lot to me :shrug:

I am not saying that the new iMac is due in a week or two; it's just that it will be soon. After all, how much stock would a reseller have?

The flip side to this is that even if Apple were to announce the new iMac tomorrow, it may well be a month, or two, before we get them! Going by how far the 17" MBP have been postponed :shake:.

At the Macworld expo in Jan they said that they were almost ready to ship 'new products' but wouldn't say what they were. My betting will be a new iMac.

depending on when they are being released i may just carry on with my 'hackintosh' when my imac goes back to apples and get one of the newer models when they get released :shrug:

I'll eat my dog if there isn't!!!!! :D I don't think it will be too huge a hike after all we are supposed to be in a ressesion!

Well the nice man from TNT collected my iMac this afternoon.

The problem semed to be linked to heat, leading me to believe it was the graphics that was causing the problem.

I've decided on the refund as I belive that the new iMacs are only going to be released within the next month (fingers crossed!!). In the meantime I'll carry on using my pc (with osx on it of course ;) )

Back