Big Moon Tonight with Passing Aircraft

Edit My Images
No
The moon was huge over London tonight. As I live under the Heathrow flight path I waited for aircraft to pass the moon.

4234763498_3c8be0d35f_o.jpg

4233989269_a7fcb121a1_o.jpg

4233989429_8492b128aa_o.jpg

Now that's really good! Love the angles of the planes.

2nd one for me, but I would probably clone out the landing light (or whatever it is) as I think it's quite distracting

(y)

crackers.

love no 2, and agree with the post above, about cloning out the light or whatever it was.......

Surprised at how dark you got the background with all the light pollution.

yeah, just now dragged it into PS and cloned out the light bit on the plane.... works well. Won't stick it up here though as you haven't got the Image Editing box ticked.

Thanks guys, good spot on the landing light! Amazing how you miss simple things eh!

Here is it edited with one other closer crop.

moon_plane4.jpg

moon_plane5.jpg

Nice one. No planes when I went out earlier...

In London? No planes? Impossible!!! :LOL:

Manc - yeah - much better without the landing lights........... both great, however, for some reason, I prefer the one with the smaller moon........ maybe as the subject appears to be bang on a "rule of 1/3rds" intersection??? Appealing to my subconscious???? :LOL:

In London? No planes? Impossible!!! :LOL:

Manc - yeah - much better without the landing lights........... both great, however, for some reason, I prefer the one with the smaller moon........ maybe as the subject appears to be bang on a "rule of 1/3rds" intersection??? Appealing to my subconscious???? :LOL:

Agree on the smaller images to be honest, gives the sense of "space" to me.

Planes all around here, right under the flight path into LHR and I can see holding points aswell as London City deps.

Super - great idea for pics.

That's no moon...oh no, hang on, yes it is.

Great shots and more interesting than straight moon shots. Was ET not out tonight?

pretty damn good these :) i prefer the 2nd shot, well spotted and good composition

fantastic i like the first dunno why but i do lol

how long did you have to wait for that shot??

All of those images look great i like the crop and clone, can you leave any tips so i might be able get similar results

and the worst thing is my laptop HD just died and I bloody formatted the CF card before a backup occured so thats the originals gone!! not a happy chappy!

Back