Big Sea at Seaham Harbour

Cheers Danny. Wasn't sure where to go for the best shots. Tried 3 different locations. 1st one was from the balcony to the cafe in the Marina. The next two were from by the dene to the north of "Tommy". Grateful for any alternatives for future reference.

These are spectacular shot for someone living in central Europe where
there are no chances to observe things like that. Spectacular is quite ok
but the dramatic light and the compositions are stupendous!

A fab set, the 3rd is my pick of the crop with dramatic lighting on that wave........nice.

"Cracking" set of images Alan, nothing more to be said.(y)

George.

Last edited:
Cheers Danny. Wasn't sure where to go for the best shots. Tried 3 different locations. 1st one was from the balcony to the cafe in the Marina. The next two were from by the dene to the north of "Tommy". Grateful for any alternatives for future reference.

I used to go right down to the gates of the pier for this sort of thing Alan but with the construction work that's going on there now I'm not sure if you can get that far down. After seeing these I'm definitely going to give it a shot from the marina balcony next time waves like this are forecast.

Two and three are fantastic, but three is epic.

I used to go right down to the gates of the pier for this sort of thing Alan but with the construction work that's going on there now I'm not sure if you can get that far down. After seeing these I'm definitely going to give it a shot from the marina balcony next time waves like this are forecast.
Most waves were closer to the beach than the lighthouse Danny. I could see the gate, but not how to get there. If I could have though I would have been swept away.

Ooooh proper big sea - what a great set of captures - wish I was nearer, as would love to witness / try to capture something like this :)

Back