Big thumbs up for Kerso

I get to meet our man next weekend...he's coming to my house for a cuppa
:naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

Drinking with a Scotsman doesnt involve tea Steve..:nuts:

Fair do's he didn't mention tea...

He said a cuppa....a cuppa what he didnt mention :D

Buckfast.

That won't mean anything to you if you ain't Scottish.
It's the Scottish Ned teenagers' equivalent to Merrydown Cider...a very cheap, strong fortified wine that mashes yer heed.

Sent an email to Ian 2 days ago requesting a price on about £2500 worth of canon kit.

Not had a reply yet!! :shake:

I do understand that he is very busy in the run up to xmas but it takes hardly any time to compose an email ..... Even if it is to say " I'll get back to you "

Going to have to look elsewhere if I don't get a reply soon.

Shame really, because if a shop treated me this way I would not be going back there.

Ian was travelling back to Scotland on the 16th and meeting up for a drink on the 19th. Not sure what his plans were after that. I have emailed him twice in this period about 2 lenses I want without reply. I'm going to give him a few more days as he's probably on holiday and I've had great service before. Just hope his emails aren't going astray or something.

Ray

Ian is taking a well earned break and is in the UK until the end of the weekend.
He gets aprox 150 emails a day so please be patient if he doesn't get through them all on his 'holiday' :|

He shold be calling off at my house again before the end of the week so I will make him aware of your posts.

Thanks

Ray

Have now been waiting six days for a reply to my email to Ian .... Looks like I will have to go elsewhere.

as said above hes on holiday until the end of today!!

give him chance to get back and check his emails and im sure he will reply.

in the time i have been dealing with ian he has always replied, he is normally very prompt, unless of course he is on holiday, which of course he is entitled to every now and again ;)

Ian left Scotland for Maryland at 6.30am this morning after a well earned rest.
Being a one man band, it's inevitable that taking a holiday is going to cause some people frustration, but if he starts to employ people his prices would have to up!

He will be straight onto his backlog of emails as soon as he gets home.
He was shipping out existing orders whilst on holiday.

Glad to report that Ian is getting through the backlog now he is back in the US.

I've just ordered a EF17-40L and EF100mm 2.8 macro at a great price :clap:

Ray

Sadly, in spite of several weeks of chasing him, I still don't have the invoice for my two TC's. Looks highly unlikely I'll get my cashback sorted this side of Christmas now, which is a pain as I was really relying on it, time of year and all that. :(

Sadly, in spite of several weeks of chasing him, I still don't have the invoice for my two TC's. Looks highly unlikely I'll get my cashback sorted this side of Christmas now, which is a pain as I was really relying on it, time of year and all that. :(

I now print the blank invoices for Ian and I dropped off 1000 on Sunday at Arbroath.
Spoke to Ian on the phone tonight and the bloke from Fife is coming up to Arbroath at the end of the week to pick up half of them.

Hopefully I'll get it soon then. I've previously been promised twice that it'll be going out imminently, but so far no joy. I know it's only £70 I can claim back but at this time of year that's a fair wodge of cash for me. :(

Cheers Bachs!

I picked up my D80 body from Fife yesterday, absolutely fantastic service....

Even with the recent retail price cuts on the D80 body, £520 is a great price. I'll be making kerso my first port of call when I need any more stuff.....

I've just updated the link in my siganature with Ians' latest price list with even more price drops :)

(Or get it here)

From now on, if you receive an order from Ian you will receive an Invoice and a hard copy Price List Flyer thanks to some sympathetic customers who don't mind me testing their printers with something useful after I've fixed them.

If only I could print cashback vouchers and serial number barcodes!!!

Thanks for the latest price list Bachs (y)

Not seen you around much recently.

Hi Bachs, thanks for that update. good to see youre still around (y)

Mind if we include the link of yours in a sticky somewhere? So we have a good place to point to if someone should ask for Kerso's price list.

Mind if we include the link of yours in a sticky somewhere? So we have a good place to point to if someone should ask for Kerso's price list.

No probs.
As soon as Ian updates me its always uploaded within 10 minutes and the filename never changes :)

Just wanted to add to this thread to say what a top seller Kerso is. PM'd him on this forum and had a 50m 1.8 from him at a great price and delivered in next to no time.

Wouldn't hesitate to use him again or recommend him to others. (y)

Just got a nifty fifty from Kerso. Arrived overnight. Cheapest prices I can find. When funds permit I shall definatly shop with him again. Cheers (y)

Hi, Very sorry to anyone who didn't get an invoice with purchase. I now send invoice with purchase. Anyone still waiting please e-mail right away and I will send in time for claiming rebates. WITCH please remind me your details so I can get this away today. I will not let anyone down and apologise anyone waiting. Regards Ian.

Just got a nifty fifty from Kerso. Arrived overnight. Cheapest prices I can find. When funds permit I shall definatly shop with him again. Cheers (y)

Marcel, As a thankyou to buyers on TP I would like to run a small competition, the likes of best photo on a certain topic and offer a Sandisk III 1GB card to winner, can you advise if thats okay? Regards Ian.

That's what I was hoping for, thanks mate (y)

Great idea Ian.

Here's my submission:

Kerso.jpg

Do I win? ;) :D

Hi Ian,

Of course it is, and it's a mighty fine gesture of you (y)

As discussed in the PM, we shall speak on the phone later :)

Kind Regards

Marcel, As a thankyou to buyers on TP I would like to run a small competition, the likes of best photo on a certain topic and offer a Sandisk III 1GB card to winner, can you advise if thats okay? Regards Ian.

Ian, I've already got enough memory cards, I don't suppose you'd make the prize a 400mm L lens instead would you?

:LOL:

How do you guys manage to get hold of Ian?

Been sending emails to him over the last couple of days about delivery time of some kit I have bought from him. :bang:

The best to get hold of him is by either email kerso1123@msn.com

or via PM

here.

I had a chat with him on the phone earlier, and he really is a nice guy.
The thing we have to remember is that he isn't a national corporation and doesnt work with a large stock warehouse, but he does try and do everything as quick as he can.

Hope this helps :)

I have emailed and sent a couple of PM's ...... Even on the other photography website he frequents.

I ordered some equipment last week and transfered the money. I was told he had it in stock and that my payment should clear by Tuesday. I have heard nothing since.

Other than sending emails and PM's (which he has got because he has been on this site today) What can I do?

All I want is an update on what is happening.

The seems really switched on to me and i bet he is well busy thats all. I ordered a niftly fifty off him last night, paied, and the thanked me, at gone 7 last night, cant fault that, only heard good things about him. Hope it all works out.

Hi, Please PM your phone number via this forum to me, I am not getting your messages. If you are Mike Nann then I have just received an e-mail today that you sent Wednesday so you must have a problem as all other mail seems to be arriving? Ian.

How do you guys manage to get hold of Ian?

Been sending emails to him over the last couple of days about delivery time of some kit I have bought from him. :bang:

Just been phoned by Ian. (nice guy indeed)

He is in the States at the moment!!!

Everything sorted now ...... Ntl customer services might be getting a shirty call tomorrow though. :bat:

Good to hear you got it sorted though Hypnotic :)

Kerso(y)

NTL:thumbsdown:

Back