Biggin Hill 2009

Name
Simon
Edit My Images
No
Well Biggin Hill is upon us again, unfortunately not going until tomorrow, went up there last night to see what was about....Apache is there along with the below.....

Hopefully more and better to follow

Red_Arrow_Tail.jpg

A few more from Today.....HOW HOT was it up there, unfortunately sky not as good as yesterday as well as the vulcan and lancaster not playing the game......

Virgin and the Arrows

VirginArrows.jpg

Typhoon 1

EuroFighterTyphoon.jpg

Typhoon 2

EuroFighterTyphoon_2.jpg

I have over a thousand pictures I have taken over this weekend so no doubt will post a few more

Nice shots!!! with a little pp those Typhoon shots would be top drawer(y)
Dean:)

So the Vulcan didn't turn up today? So glad I chose to go yesterday! Obviously a tech problem but did they announce a reason?

Thanks. Last year I worked my way through their flying calendar trying to see it and all four possibilities for me were cancelled, but fortunately in advance so there was no wasted journey. I was lucky ths time.

I am paying for it this morning, two White stripes where my sunnies were, just call me zebra. There was one guy in front of me with some serious hardware, 3 d3x's two with huge lenses and the third with some mad wide angle, would love to see some of those pictures, best guess north of 30k of equipment....

Was only there on Saturday, so I'm very pleased to see the 747 pic. I've got sore ears (no brim on my hat), but it was worth it.Great shots here.

Some great shots there. I know 747's are big, but it looks enormous against the the Reds' hawks.

Ahoy!

I do believe that is 'Lady Penelope' Virgin 747 G-VFAB with the 'cock sparrers' in tow. I like the aircraft registration code in relation to it's name . . . FAB Virgil.

It's the only one I know of in the VS fleet that has that livery.

Typhoon captures are nice as well. Hopefully, many of these will be at the 2nd Bournemouth Air Festival in August and will give my 100-300mm F4 a 'workout'.

Last edited:
Ahoy!

I do believe that is 'Lady Penelope' Virgin 747 G-VFAB with the 'cock sparrers' in tow. I like the aircraft registration code in relation to it's name . . . FAB Virgil.

It's the only one I know of in the VS fleet that has that livery.

Yep, thats Lady Penelope, she was renamed as 'Birthday Gal' for the 21st birthday celebrations, and she is the only one with that livery (and if you look closely, you can see the '25th Birthday' Ballon on the side!

It was an incredible sight - I nearly caused a pile up on the M25 cause I was too busy watching the planes, and not watching the road!

Back