Billingham 225/335

Edit My Images
No
Hi all,
I currently have a Hadley Pro, and thinking of picking up one of the bigger Billingham bags - partly to use as a weekend bag, in addition to being a camera bag.

Is the 225 too small for a weekend bag? It's difficult to tell with the sizing online. Would the 335 be a better fit?

Hi all,
I currently have a Hadley Pro, and thinking of picking up one of the bigger Billingham bags - partly to use as a weekend bag, in addition to being a camera bag.

Is the 225 too small for a weekend bag? It's difficult to tell with the sizing online. Would the 335 be a better fit?

I relatively recently purchased a 107, which has a similar capacity according to Billingham (7.5 litres versus 7 litres, respectively) and I find it good as my normal camera bag for carrying my Hasselblad or other medium format stuff. For travel, I attach a Billingham Delta pocket to temporarily increase capacity. This way I'm not normally carrying around too large a bag, but I do have the option of increasing capacity when necessary.

I can fit a Hasselblad kit, an additional lens, hoods, numerous filters/accessories, and about five boxes or so of 120 film in the 107 and the Delta pocket allows me additional space for extras (e.g., couple of boxes of 120 film, pinhole camera, 135 body, etc).

It'd be tough to fit much more without purchasing either another Delta pocket or moving up to a larger capacity Billingham bag, I'd say, but I only use medium format film cameras, so mileage may vary, especially with smaller 135 systems.

That's interesting, thanks. From the sounds of it, it might be a little on the small side then - I'm imagining using it without camera equipment, but as a normal holdall weekend bag as well, and it might be a tad on the small side?

That's interesting, thanks. From the sounds of it, it might be a little on the small side then - I'm imagining using it without camera equipment, but as a normal holdall weekend bag as well, and it might be a tad on the small side?

Oh, so without any camera equipment at all? You might be able to get away with that if you were packing very light.

Are you intending to use it as a regular, everyday camera bag as well? Any bigger than the 107/225 and the bags start to become more difficult to carry around for everyday use in my opinion. These bags have considerably more depth and stiffness than the Hadley style bags and don't meld to the body as well.

Oh, so without any camera equipment at all? You might be able to get away with that if you were packing very light.

Are you intending to use it as a regular, everyday camera bag as well? Any bigger than the 107/225 and the bags start to become more difficult to carry around for everyday use in my opinion. These bags have considerably more depth and stiffness than the Hadley style bags and don't meld to the body as well.

So probably too small then - I'm thinking maybe a 335, although I think the 307 is a better design.

Only as a weekend bag. The Hadley Pro is stupendously good for an everyday bag, and I have used it virtually everyday since I bought it a couple of years back.

Back