Bird box cam 2017

Name
Neil
Edit My Images
Yes
I had no success at all last year following a camera upgrade in my Bluetit nest box. Up to now, this year is no different. It's early day's yet I know, but I usually see some interest by prospective tenants around now. Is anyone else doing any better?

Nothing in mine - been up for a year now and empty since day one :(

No camera in ours but there has been regular access hole remodelling for some weeks plus a bit of spring cleaning......................so hopeful that we will have nesting in the near future :)

That reminds me I think I need to trim some of the lower branches on the tree to give some chance of seeing the comings & goings once it is in leaf!

PS no longer the des res it once was as it has been in place for something like 6 years. But as long as it is dry and safe they do seem to like it.............especially as every year 'he' does like to peck away around the access hole and make it anew each year.

Last edited:
Looks like for the last two days there has been a wasp or something in ours - may have to do something about that while I'm off next week - don't fancy a nest of those in there[emoji91][emoji219][emoji91]

Wasp is still there - beginning to wonder if it's a queen or something as it looks pretty big and seems to be in no rush to move on.
Nothing else still - plenty of tits in the trees only 5 meters away though.

I appreciate it's probably not what you want, but if it turns out to be a wasps nest in there it might be quite interesting to watch.

Yeah I had thought that but it's not far from my sons bedroom window and he's scared of wasps (so am I). It won't be long before it's 'persuaded' to move along one way or another ;)

We've had a robin in a nest box which had 5 chicks and all fledged! Although 1 couldn't fly and my dog got to it before me :-( we have a tit box at bottom of garden which I believe has been taken up and they are nest building!
Both boxes I made and were put up about 4 years ago! This is the first time I've had any interest! Will maybe have to look at cameras next year!!:)

Still no interest in mine, in fact I have not seen ANY birds at all in my garden for the last week despite having full feeders. We are usually plagued by pigeons, as a few doors down must feed them, but I've not seen any of those either. My daughter who lives 100 yds away says it's the same in her garden. Very strange.

Last edited:
Well the waspy thing seems to have gone unless it's sat on top of the camera but still no signs of any birds in there :(

I'm into the second week now without any birds whatsoever in the garden, not even the heron that tries to eat my Koi Carp. I put quite a lot of Iron Sulphate on the lawn 2 weeks ago and there has been a very strong smell from it and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it????

Not even a blade of grass in the bird box.

empty.jpg

Three eggs visible in the nest and movement by adult seen :)

Can I ask what camera and setup you use for this? I would be interested in doing something like this, my dad would love watching and following them.

My old setup was b&w cam + video decoder, this one is a colour usb camera setup bought from flebay. I then use webcamXP to stream it

//edit//

This sort of thing :)

Last edited:
Just had a look and all heads up & gaping > fed and now adult keeping them warm :)

I've just put it online, could somebody check it out for me ?

BirdCam Here :)

I have been enjoying seeing the nestlings & the comings and goings of the adults............but just looked and the nest is bare :(

Do you know what raided by it and cleaned it out? Nature can be savage but a pity to see the brood has been lost:(

I'm away from home just now, I'll phone my wife

No damage to the box so I don't know how or what took them :(

There have been videos of the likes of woodpeckers taking those about to fledge i.e. at the hole waiting to leave....................but nestlings deep in a box away from the hole???

Not too late for a second brood, fingers crossed for a successfull one :)

Back