Bird ID required please (OK i know its a Bittern ;))

IanC_UK

TPer Emeritus
Name
Ian Cook
Edit My Images
Yes
Met up with Madmitch at Strumpshaw Fen yesterday and today, have some great shots for my collection :) Heres just one to start with.

I do hope i havent bitten off more than i can chew with this one !

Have loads more but will see how you like this one first ;)

1023-160145.jpg

Forgot to add, 1D Mk3, 600 plus 1.4 not cropped at all :D

Well done Lady P :) Im afraid this nearly overshadowed my Kingfisher sightings ;)

Yes it is indeed a Bittern, none of these shots is cropped at all :D i was beaming all afternoon yesterday, never seen one so close before :)

Sorry for the bird id request btw :) couldnt resist :)

1023-143131.jpg

1023-160605-02.jpg

You soon got back Ian, great shots :clap:.
Here's my cropped effort from a great 2 days.
IMG_9389.JPG

Congrats to both of you, fantastic shots:clap:.
I've been twice now as Strumshaw is only a 50min drve and not seen it yet:shrug: I need to spend more time there I think:D. Not sure my lens would be up to capturing the sort of detail you've got there either, ho hum have to start saving;)

Congrats to both of you, fantastic shots:clap:.
I've been twice now as Strumshaw is only a 50min drve and not seen it yet:shrug: I need to spend more time there I think:D. Not sure my lens would be up to capturing the sort of detail you've got there either, ho hum have to start saving;)

LOL thanks Mark :) you wouldnt believe where it was and how close it was, 20 feet i reckon :D

:bonk: I went on Monday and it was misty with not much about. I got one of a Coot and some of an Egyptian Goose on the field as I was leaving!

Well done Ian. You're spoiling the image of this bird - it's supposed to be elusive and reclusive. ;)

Wow Ian these shots are absolutley brilliant . Seen lots of Bittern shots from slimbridge and not one as good as yours (y)

LOL Thanks CT :) we did try to tell this Bittern it was supposed to be shy and retiring half expected it to get its top hat and cane out and do a little dance for us it was showing off so much ! lol :)

Thanks Pikeman :)

Oh well caught Ian (y) :clap: not seen one of those in many a long year past!
(I can't quite put a name to it though :D)

:LOL: elusive my ass..
right place
right time
right man for the job..

excellent shots there mate (y)

md(y)

Now come on, eough jokes this is the rare stripey blackbird isnt it??? only joking....these shots are to be proud of! every wildlife photographers dream pictures.

Back