Birds in the lake district

Name
bob
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi boys & girls,

I will be going to the lake district for a few days next week staying near Cockermouth, I have been there a number of times concentrating on landscape, but this time I want to ring the changes a bit
and go for the wildlife, particularly birds has anyone any suggestions on possible areas to visit and what species I am likely to encounter at this time of year.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Regards Bob

Leighton Moss RSPB is just of the M6.
Thanks Derek
I am a member of the RSPB and had looked at that as a possibility, I am staying at the north western end of the area so would be too far I think for a day out but might be feasible on the way
south when heading home.

Last edited:
I'm in the lakes next weekend, I didn't realize Leighton moss was that end! I've not really got the equipment yet (Leica V Lux 1 Compact) but will have a go and report back!

Thanks mike
I will watch out for these, never managed a decent shot of one before, such a beautiful bird, had a quick Google this morning definitely worthwhile will spend bit more time later.

Hi boys & girls,

I will be going to the lake district for a few days next week staying near Cockermouth, I have been there a number of times concentrating on landscape, but this time I want to ring the changes a bit
and go for the wildlife, particularly birds has anyone any suggestions on possible areas to visit and what species I am likely to encounter at this time of year.

Thanks in advance for any ideas
Regards Bob

Bassenthwaite wood near Keswick has a healthy population of Red Squirrels, park in the car park and walk up the trail to the feeding station
plenty about last month when I was there

Les :)

Bassenthwaite wood near Keswick has a healthy population of Red Squirrels, park in the car park and walk up the trail to the feeding station
plenty about last month when I was there

Les :)
Thanks Les too late I'm afraid I was on my way by then and I don't use a smart phone so I didn't get this I did pass by this place but it was chucking it down at the time so didn't go in, the only photography I did was a couple of hours landscape stuff at
Waste Water when it stopped raining for a little while on Wednesday afternoon, thats the way it is I suppose things just didn't work out for me this time.

Back