Birds in your garden

Garden birds around feeders

• Total voters
Caught these ferals taking advantage of running water on our pond. As with some others posting, photos taken from inside ....(dining room through patio door glass) One of them fell into the water where the cascade water drops. Photo 3. Caught it flying out. One has ID leg rings and it comes every day up to the patio doors,looking in wanting food so I give it crunched fat balls and seed. It's quite tame. We had -9C on Wednesday night and -8C last night but it's warming up soon with 14C daytime temperature forecast for Monday. With day temps at -5C at the moment there wasno point in trying to keep the bird bath water soluble. It would have frozen before I got back inside the house.lol
16.Pigeon.jpg

17.Pigeon.jpg

18.Pigeon.jpg

Fancy getting one of those in your garden. Excellent shots..great detail. Nothing 'poor' about those shots.

I've spent hours at Slimbridge, along with others, in a hide trying to get a shot of one which are usually doing their usual hiding in the reeds behaviour. No doubt this one tempted by the water in your garden.
Cheers John, I've got my fingers crossed for a Kingfisher visit next :LOL:

We have blue tits inspecting our nest box :)

We have blue tits inspecting our nest box :)
Mine was soaked through, (its a hollowed out tree trunk) it's been inside a week drying out, I do need to get it back up ASAP though.

A Rock Dove ?... at the shallow end of our pond. It had a mate that stayed on the neighbour's roof. I seem to have lost the feral pigeon that had an ID ring on each leg. Higher up ther thread. It always came with a grey/white feral and for two weeks only the latter comes for seed/fatball. I suppose a sparrow hawk got it. It was a healthy bird that came quite close to me cooing.

20.Pigeon.jpg

A bit of a cheat, not my garden, but a friends, close by.

LTT.jpg

We get Robins, Blue tits. coal tits, sparrows, a wren, woodpecker, magpies, pigeons, Jays, Starlings, Crows and Black birds. However recently we have had a fox visit regularly and he has taken four pigeons so far this year but a fifth pigeon has appeared who now spends much time under the bird feeders but I suspect it has a very short life expectancy as the fox is young and healthy and easily jumps a 6 ft fence.

Dave

I made some new bird boxes over winter. It’s so pleasing when the birds use them :)
Couple from this afternoon

full

full

chris
you need to get some sunflower hearts ;)
I've tried them, there is nothing here that takes them. Well apart from the starlings that is.

Back