Birmingham street attempts

Name
Adrian
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi, was away with the wife in Brmingham for her b-day & took the opportunity to try my hand at some street shots. Nice bright weekend so I wanted to try the shoting into the sun look which I must admit I quite like, nice strong shadows. I haven't done a lot of street shots but I think these have turned out pretty well. Being a street newbie I'd appreciate some feedback if y'all willing to give it.

on the run.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
the sun at his back.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
downhill.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
who watches the watchers.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
pidgeon.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
crowded.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
the square at noon.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr
voyeur.jpg by ClarkePictures, on Flickr

Man, I really like your playful eye…
old technique, new subjects, and cool rendition.

Thats not an attempt the first three images are very very good. Good work

Thanks guys, I really liked the first 3 & last one. Just need to try some more now to see if it was a fluke or not...

You've got a good eye for the graphic elements, and I like pigeon shot in particular, but... the street photography I enjoying looking at is all about the people. I can't really see the character of any the people, and most of them aren't doing anything interesting. The pigeon shot is made interesting by the unexpected congruence.

Thanks for the input juggler, can see your point. I was more interested in catching the light & shadows & seeing how they played out, but advice noted for the next time. Cheers!

what I like most about these is that you set yourself a target/benchmark and went for it, good or bad. I guess its the best way to learn
I like them all all, and think you done 'good'
PS Im a b/w softie at heart

Back