Bit of DH MTB , photos and vid

Name
Jacob
Edit My Images
No
Few photos from the last few months, shot on D300s, various lens's, 2 flashes max... which is your fav and why ?

p4pb7834382.jpg

p4pb7314680.jpg

p4pb7254881.jpg

p4pb7254864.jpg

p4pb6579455.jpg

p4pb7254875.jpg

And lots of videos including my first full length film which is free to view online on pinkbike.com , just search " Locals 2 "

here is one I shot out in the French Alps last summer...

https://vimeo.com/28074020

I think that you've done a really nice job on these, I love that panning shot the third photo (y) it's totally different to what I've seen before I love the idea of having some of the rider obscured by the foliage (y) really great it puts the rider into the scene (y) :clap:

Matt
MWHCVT

Love 1/2/5 teher amazing...

#1 great capture, love it in B&W but possible like to see the colour version..very striking image

#2...great DoF...amazing background & love the sunglare, the rider looks perfect in how he is positioned - trying to keep it under control --- this my favourite!!

#5 - aweesome composition , well lit, looks epic in B&W such a striking image.love the detail on his eyes, such comcentration..."its no or never...oh damn"

Slater (y)

Absolutely stunning work! I'm just getting into downhill biking photography (persuaded by a friend to give it ago as he wanted some shots). Are you a rider yourself?

Number 2 is my favourite I love the lighting! Number 4 is also great, I like the perspective its a bit more unusual to some of the other stuff I've seen!

I hope one day I can take pictures nearly as good as these! Do you have any advice on using flash when it comes to downhill?

Tom

Last edited:
2,3 and 4 are standouts for me.

1 - Think you have probably got better shots in the bag from a day at Woburn. I dont think this shot conveys the size of the hip or how hard it is to get that height.

2 -Loving the flare form the sun, water splasing up form puddle, location and skill of the rider

3 - Paning shots are hard but capturing Gwin at Mach 1, fair play quality image

4 - Down and dirty in the loam, this shot makes me want to get the bike out and go ride.

5 - Can appreciate the difficulty of both the shot and the riding aspect but for me its not a standout.

6 - Is that sun and dusty trails in this shot? jeez summer feels like a long way away. For me I would prefer to have seen this about 1 second before you got the shot so the back wheel would be fully in the shot.

Good to see these shots gives the rest of us something to aim for.

pete

Alex Bond, number 2 from the Locals edit - why? because of the light, water splash, background, framing and overall the timing of Al about to hit a good drop ;)

Dan

No 2 is my fave but they are all good - you got these on 500px too? Sure I've seen them before?

Awesome! Really like all of these and No.2 is my favourite!! The video is really well shot too.

My favourite has got to be 4. Captures ripping those loamy tracks perfectly!

Back