Bit of feedback please.

Name
chris
Edit My Images
Yes
Hi Guys

New to this forum. Would love some feedback, good or bad on these pics. Only started a few months ago. Any comments would really be appreciated.

Thanks
Latestarter.

Hello Chris and welcome,.......Others will add their views I am sure, but for my 2 pennorth (for what its worth) .................

Easier if you number your shots ,

1, Nice colours , good focal point and DOF, maybe just saturate the colours a wee bit (for me anyway)( could just need a bit more light (trial and error is good)

2, No focal point, just looks like an OOF (Out of Focus) shot.

3, Almost there, just need a little bit more light inside the central section of the flower,

4, I like this one the best really, better lighting and good use of DOF.

Nice first set, Good colours and a well worked set, keep it up, I am sure you will get some more constructive replies soon.

Dave ....

hey

they are all lovely colour and nearly close to a 'final' piece.

not sure what your settings were...(what were they btw? lol might help)..but they look a tiny bit soft compared to what you could get.

also as above maybe a little work on a focal point/composition, how ever I do quite like these, more of an 'abstract' wall hanging if that makes sense?

Hi Dave & Robbo
Thanks for the response. Taken on board what you are both saying. Nice to be on a forum where people actually talk, unlike some others I have tried.

Robbo, not sure what the settings were, was using a mates borrowed lens. Might get the hang of this photo thing one day!!
Latestarter.

Hi Chris - Nice set overall. The first and last are my favourites as the focus is good, whereas in the other 2 there is no real focus point to draw your eye. The colours are nice as well. I also like how you have filled the frame with them all.

All in all, a great first set on TP - Well done, I look forward to seeing some more (y)

They are really nice, like the colour combinations, what did you use for backrounds?

Firstly welcome to the forum, I like the first best out of these, #2 doesn't work as the stem isn't that interesting. the last 2 aren't too bad ;)

Thanks for the responses.

Re the background. Bought some coloured A4 paper for about £3 & played about using various colours.

Regards Latestarter

Hi Latestarter,

No. 1 and 4 for me personally.

No.1 has good depth of field and I like that everything is in focus. Could possibly do with a bit more light to the centre of the flower but could easily be fettled in photoshop with a bit of selective use of the "dodge" tool
No.2 much shallower DOF and focus point appears to be on the green stem part
No.3 All slightly out of focus for me
No.4 Best combo of colours and DOF / Focus point.

Great start though, what equipment are you using.

Welcome to the addictive world of Macro!

Last edited:
Back