Bittern

Lovely shots, I've only seen one, by the time I realised what it was it was gone.

Great shots (y)

One day I will get one in my sights :) As yet I have only heard them :(

Very determined looking bird, lucky pair of you to get it - btw, if you want a smaller lens I can always swop for one of mine :nuts:

LOL thanks, the annoying thing is i had a 300 2.8 with me that would have been perfect, but i wasnt expecting the Bittern to be as close as it was, as they are allegedly shy and retiring and hard to see ! lol

Ian, a superb shot. I'm not sure which I prefer, yours or stiflers.

As I said to stifler, I saw a bittern over at strumpshaw in september, it jumped out of the reeds and flew in front of the hide, an awesome site.

Great capture

Ian, a superb shot. I'm not sure which I prefer, yours or stiflers.

As I said to stifler, I saw a bittern over at strumpshaw in september, it jumped out of the reeds and flew in front of the hide, an awesome site.

Great capture

Thanks, i have some pics of the Strumpshaw Bittern, they are better than these ones too :) However i lost the raw files when a hard drive crashed so i only have the edited jogs now.

Heres one of the Strumpshaw Bird in 2007 though :)

1023-143131.jpg

lurverly shots there :D

We were hoping to see some bitterns yesterday on a visit to Minsmere, but missed them having got caught up in the Marsh Harrier count/survey that was going on when we arrived - I'd never seen a marsh harrier before (though we've spotted a couple of hen harriers before now) and seeing a group of them was fantastic.

BTW, for anyone interested, they reckon they could account for 15 individual harriers yesterday, including 6 males

Back