Bl**dy Scanner!!!!

Name
Paul
Edit My Images
Yes
Just received back my first set of mounted slides after my first attempt with a roll of Provia 100F after a trip to Scotland....the colours look awesome as I hold them upto the window....lets fire up the scanner!!!

Damn you! It's not working! Epson V500 that i've had 3 months and only used half a dozen times and it knacked :( Hopefully its just the power adapter as there doesnt seem to be any power getting to it (and yes I did try a different fuse!). E-mail just gone in to Epson support (they have a service centre just round the corner from work luckily)....Just my luck! :bang:

Any thunder storms? power surges recently?

nope, it hasn't even been plugged in!

I have been in touch with Epson customer services, and to give them credit couldn't have been more helpful. They are sending me a new power adapter no questions asked (although that might indicate the power adapters are a known problem to them). If that isn't the problem, another route will be looked into. It's honestly been pleasant communicating with them. A big (y) to Epson!

I just wish it would hurry up because i'm itching to get these slides scanned!

Heh, always the way. The kit sits there all smug until the moment you need it then *BAM* it doesn't work :(

Good luck getting it sorted :)

Back