Black Friday. Did you snaffle a bargain?

Snagged a new bag reduced for £249 to £173 and a free gift from WEX, and two SD cards reduced from £31 for £16 from amazon.

Just ordered 50.2kg sunflower hearts for £49.98 instead of £68.98

Bloody birds and the cat eat better than me.

everyone out buying big jumpers , coats and gloves, i bagged myself some new shorts, t-shirts and a pair of sunglasses...Oakleys for £50..oh yes please

I swung by Currys this evening and had a look at their TV's and spotted a Samsung 65" QLED QE65Q80CATXXU with big "£720 SAVING" notes on the boxes.

Currys
Current Price: £1,179
Previous Price: £1,899 (between 10/05/23 - 16/06/23)
Saving: £720

However:

Samsung online
Previous Price: £1,299 (doesn't specify when)
Saving: £120

So what was the price at Currys from Jun 23 until Nov 23?

Well....

Richer Sounds
Previous Price: £1,299 (between 27/09/23 - 17/11/23)
Saving: £120

Amazon are doing it at £1,049 and it was even £1,034 on 10/11/23.

Had a chat with the sales guy at Currys who seemed rather open about it all and he said forget about the sales nonsense, just look at the price it's currently selling for and whether or not you want to pay that. Fair enough, I appreciate the honesty. I would be looking for OLED anyway, but it was the big saving number that drew my attention to it.

I did manage to grab a few genuine deals (Xbox Series X and some Eero range extenders) but it seems like there's an awful lot of skulduggery going on and it's time consuming and tricky to verify genuine deals outside of Amazon (thanks to CamelCamelCamel).

I think my lovely wife has caught BFF (Blach Friday Fever), she is snaffling bargains all over the place.

Software updates for me......
DxO PL7 update
Topaz Photo AI (encouraged by the AI based, in Beta, "Remove Tool"
Still considering DxO Filmpack???

But all the talk of Amazon reminds me we need a gully scoop to clear the soakaway drain points.....must see if any are on BF pricing?

PS was tempted by the discount on the OM-1 but as I want to sleep in the house......I thought better of it :LOL:

Last edited:
I think my lovely wife has caught BFF (Blach Friday Fever), she is snaffling bargains all over the place.
Oh dear that's bad luck :D

A 4TB Crucial X9Pro external SSD - mostly because I need it anyway and it looked to be about £50 cheaper than normal.

Grabbed one of these for the missus

She has been after one for a while but silly money but 40% off at them moent still £167 but hey

fcc0100f877e9aed2445e9118433251ba37080aa_2_517x750.jpeg

Back