BLACKPOOL ZOO COMPETITION PICS

Name
Tracey
Edit My Images
Yes
HERES YOUR THREAD TO ENTER YOUR BLACKPOOL ZOO COMPETITION PHOTOS....
IF U WANT TO SHOW OFF YOUR OTHER PHOTOS THE THREAD IS HERE:
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=219063

PRIZES KINDLY DOINATED BY NEILL FROM STEALTH WILDLIFE (y)

PRIZES ARE WATERPROOF BEANBAGS...
ONE FOR:

BEST ELEPHANT
BEST REPTILE
AND BEST CAT

closing date ...24th of april
THERE IS ALSO AN ADDITIONAL COMPETITION ADDED FOR THE KIDS....
BEST OVERALL KIDS PHOTO WINS A PRIZE I GOT FROM THE GIFTSHOP WITH THE LEFT OVER ADMISSIONS :) WILL ADD A PIC OF THE PRIZE LATER.

PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU LABEL IF YOUR CHILD IS ENTERING A PHOTO.(y)
THANKS!!

Last edited:
Not even reading the competition rules (what's new) I was very lucky to have taken one of each required for the set.

Elephant
v30zfr.jpg

Big Cat
158ay4n.jpg

Reptile
1f9tut.jpg

I don't have any idea why I labelled them :shrug:

Last edited:
Note to self - check the competition requirements before shooting...

I didn't find any reptiles and the elephants just depressed me. Rather than take a photo, I just felt sorry for them - poor things.

Anyway, following on from John - in case there is any confusion - here is my cat.

A Cat
4508433143_291387d9e2_o.jpg

Ian.

Ok, didn't see any lizards and spent most of my time photographing everything but the competition animals :)

So here are my entries for the elephant and cats sections.....

cowcompzoo100.jpg

cowcompzoo101.jpg

Good luck everyone :)

One day I will win something more than a TP hat, one day!

The Elephant
DSC_3055-800.jpg

The Cat...
DSC_2718-800.jpg

And the reptile, a reticulated python...
DSC_3050-web.jpg

Edit : Decided to go with a different one from the sequence with the Python. This one shows a bit more detail "inside". :)

Edit 2 : After looking through my pics again, I guess I did have a not-terrible elephant shot. Surprised as I only took about 4 pics of elephants. :)

Last edited:
john...love the cat picture!! i didnt even get to go up to see the lions :) LOL

was waiting for that famous reptile pic :) xx awesome..buy yucky!! ha ha...its just one big muscle!!

^^^^OK guys we dont need any dirty comment about my above comment :LOL:^^^^

Famous? I only showed it to Dave. ;)

Some belters there Dave.

Ian.

Here's my competition entries ...

Reptile
Difficult to shoot through, but in some instances it's reassuring that you're protected by a sheet of glass!
IMG_5645.jpg

Big Cat

The depressed look says so much about keeping cats like this in captivity.
IMG_5693.jpg

Elephant
Well, none of the real elephant were very good!
IMG_5660.jpg

Here are my entries and thanks to Cowasaki for lending me his big lens to take the one of the gorilla.

2elqam9.jpg

15whz7p.jpg

10pvfkk.jpg

b5qrrc.jpg

Well.... I did not have the big Lenses to get in really close, but here goes anyway:

The Elephant

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2692/4512137447_f34c60cacd_o.jpg

The Reptile

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2715/4512137435_cdf7ebb970_o.jpg

The Cat

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2779/4509754475_835fb8d660_o.jpg

Staff Edit : Images changed to clickable links. Pictures must not exceed current forum limits as per the rules. Please feel free to replace this with a fresh/resized image and remove this text :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's my efforts.
Reptile
4513283785_221b5a447a_o.jpg

Cat -wited ten minutes for him to finally yawn.
4513929214_5b0abf9b65_o.jpg

Elephant - with apologies to Animal168 but this was the one shot I went with the intention of getting having done a similar one at a German zoo last year.
4513290341_f9ac9db0f5_o.jpg

guys, is there any more kids entries?? i think we only have one lot at the mo....i have a very expensive, but very cute stuffed tiger here waiting to be won :)

can u believe it cost £18.50! (u can giant ones for that!) and the rest of the money is paying for the postage n packaging......come on, get your entries in!

guys, is there any more kids entries?? i think we only have one lot at the mo....i have a very expensive, but very cute stuffed tiger here waiting to be won :)

can u believe it cost £18.50! (u can giant ones for that!) and the rest of the money is paying for the postage n packaging......come on, get your entries in!
I didn't know there was going to be a kids competition otherwise I would have lent my camera to Ellen for a while for her to take some photos. She actually tried to take a photo of me and Sarah while we were waiting for the sealion show but as our heads were cut out of the shot I don't think it'll make much of a competition entry.

I didn't know there was going to be a kids competition otherwise I would have lent my camera to Ellen for a while for her to take some photos. She actually tried to take a photo of me and Sarah while we were waiting for the sealion show but as our heads were cut out of the shot I don't think it'll make much of a competition entry.

i did try to tell everyone, but they all ran off in different directions after the group shot!!

we were left with 3x admission (we forgot to count the people who were counting LOL) so we decided the best thing to do was buy something from the giftshop....thats way the money was going back to the zoo, and the kids had chance to win something......but as of yet, weve only had one entry!!!

Well heres my lot, finally decided which I liked (not that difficult really I only got a few good 'uns).

Wet Tiger (not its original title...... ooeer)
4515381271_1b6eb8aee3_o.jpg

Crocadilious
4516021484_2bf316d797_o.jpg

As High as an Elephant's Eye
4516021092_9625bf2775_o.jpg

Apologies to Clowesy and Animal168 but I too went with this shot in mind.

Cheers

Andy

haha... nice one Andy with the tiger title.... i bet you were going to call it 'Damp Cat' weren't you!!

i might have to add my apology to the list for my elephant entry too - unless i can butcher one of the other elephant pics i've got with steel wires running straight across it!

i did try to tell everyone, but they all ran off in different directions after the group shot!!

we were left with 3x admission (we forgot to count the people who were counting LOL) so we decided the best thing to do was buy something from the giftshop....thats way the money was going back to the zoo, and the kids had chance to win something......but as of yet, weve only had one entry!!!

I'm sure the number of entries will grow exponentially should you allow entries from those who posses a child like mental disposition......

I'm sure the number of entries will grow exponentially should you allow entries from those who posses a child like mental disposition......
:LOL: VERy true....maybe i will win then? LOL
And just to make sure Jadey doesn't win the kids competion by being the only entrant, here's a photo taken by Ellen. Had I known there was a competition for her I would have let her take some photos of the animals.

lovely pic :) :clap:

WOW there are some amazing pics there, Judging is going to be hard.
seems like you all had a good day, wish I could have been there.
can some one call me when you want the judging to begin as we are at present moving into new premises with a show room and I am not getting much time near the computer.
07772 442224

Also when is the next comp? and would you like some more prizes
Neill

Thanks to all and good luck.

hi Neil, competition ends 2moro, so u can start judging now if u like, dont think we are going to get many entries now!

can u please also judge the 'childs competition' there has only been 2 entries, i have the prize with me here for that.

Thanks Neil!! xx

You're up late buddy. Not sleeping these days?

Oh god, I just realised it's only 11:30 on a Friday. What happened to me?????? I got old!!!!

Last edited:
:LOL:
I'm definitely an oldie as I was doing the zzzzzz's, by the time you posted Kev.
Although I didn't enter the Blackpool Zoo comp, it would be nice to see the winning images. Any news Tracey?

hi guys, i havent been on here for a while!

yeah, Neill PM'd and i said yes he could start judging and announce the winners, but he must of got side tracked?? ill pm him again :)

Back