Blackthorn visitors

Yep, early spring adds to the magic!
#1 is fav.

Stunning Roger [emoji106]
Thanks Stef :)

cracking shots, is the D500 a worthy upgrade fron the D7200 ?
Thanks Mark ... the AF is incredible, as is the card/buffer speed and the ability to customise buttons to, for example, change AF settings at the press of a button.
There are two downsides for me:
  1. The D7200 has WMU, which works and the D500 uses Snapbridge which currently causes all sorts of grief and cannot deal with RAW files ... I've given up on it.
  2. The D7200 seemed to me to produce cleaner images, the D500 can be a bit 'grainy' sometimes but in truth it may be that I am so often taking distant shots using a TC1.7 and cropping.
I was using it along with the D700 yesterday and although I love using the D700 and the images it produces, the AF on the D500 is streets ahead.

Lovely shots Roger(y) that's one busy bg that doesn't distract from the subject :)

Lovely shots Roger(y) that's one busy bg that doesn't distract from the subject :)
Thanks Phil, the birds were taking pollen too and I did see a couple with a bit of yellow around the beak :)

Fabulous shots, Roger and lovely colours, especially on the Blue Tits.

Chris
Thanks Chris, a very common but attractive and busy little bird :)

Lovely shots. Some patience was expended I guess............
Thanks Mark, the main problem was the wind playing on my old tear ducts ... needed the hankie to help me see through the viewfinder! :whistle:

A nice set and doesn't get much better settings? Especially like the chiffchaff very nice !

Only thing for me is the last one looks like you have missed focus and I would bin it haha!

A nice set and doesn't get much better settings? Especially like the chiffchaff very nice !
Thanks Mick, love to see the Chiffchaffs coming back :)

Only thing for me is the last one looks like you have missed focus and I would bin it haha!
Looking at the flowers around the bird's feet I don't think focus is far out, however there is movement in the bird which I feel has reduced the sharpness but I like the movement so I won't bin it.
Caveat, my eyes are 70 years old! :)

Back