Blame Bryn :D

Name
Carl
Edit My Images
Yes
I definitely wont be posting any more for the next few days, at that pond I mentioned in this post
http://www.talkphotography.co.uk/threads/uh-oh-me-again-flowers-this-time-though.549664/

I got my first lot of butterflies - I think they're butterflies, maybe they are moths? But there were LOADS. I must have found a breeding ground.

There were at least a dozen visible sacks within metres of where I stood:

14582565514_8093ae2cb9_b.jpg

2.. and had loads of these around some flowers and flying about. Lots had landed so I tried getting some different angles/views of the same bug, hope you like :) and ID would be most appreciated
14582566234_3b6dc71579_b.jpg

14397795349_9f5d1d1c5a_b.jpg

4.. Only when I got back to the PC did I actually notice they were mating. They were quite small butterflies/moths, if saw that there were two of them, I would have tried to get the both of them in focus. There was a slight wind too, so I might try and look through the set to see if I accidentally got the other half in focus and try a stack.
14397795419_59d7938d4f_b.jpg

5.. Was quite chuffed with this one, getting a frontal shot while it fed, well, it wasn't difficult, loads of these things (Im talking dozens) were everywhere, feeding.
14583657362_8aef45596d_b.jpg

I do have a lot more of these, doing various things, at some point I'll dig out the different one's and post up mid next week.

Thanks for looking and I really mean that, I've expected a complaint about hogging the thread but thankfully you're a friendly bunch and havent had a complaint :) Enjoy the rest of your weekend folks ! :)

Hi carl,
Nice set you got there and we like your photos so dont worry about hogging.
The red "moth" is a "6 spotted burnet moth" there you go, now you know. :D
Pic No 3 is the best imo.

Thanks

Carl watching your progression is fascinating and I do wonder if people that helped me felt the same.

What was your setup for these as if the 24-105 you certainly get better results than me.

Excellent captures here... #3/5

Some nice images on here Carl. Keep em coming. Would you like to share where this pond is;)

Hi carl,
Nice set you got there and we like your photos so dont worry about hogging.
The red "moth" is a "6 spotted burnet moth" there you go, now you know. :D
Pic No 3 is the best imo.

Thanks

Ah spotted burnet moth - cool, thanks Graham (y)

Carl watching your progression is fascinating and I do wonder if people that helped me felt the same.

What was your setup for these as if the 24-105 you certainly get better results than me.
Excellent captures here... #3/5

6d, 24-105 and I think it was the 24mm or 31mm section of an extension tube.

Some nice images on here Carl. Keep em coming. Would you like to share where this pond is;)

The pond , easier to post the coordinates from googlemaps: 52.716666, -2.483914 :)

Cheers Carl, just noticed the title!! Lol reminds me of the southpark song Blame Canada!

I'm really impressed with what you are getting with 24-105 though I have only ever used it with full tubes which may be my mistake.

Back