Blending Into The Scenery

Very nice detail and composition, though next time play a bit with the DOF to get more into focus and it will make it an amazing shot

Thanks both.

I did get the eye a bit better than it appears - I usually use the Wavelets Noise Reduction option in Darktable as it normally has less of a blurring effect but in this case it didn't. A quick change to Non Local Means gets me

_DSC2258_02 by John Pond, on Flickr

The light was going a bit by the time of the hand-held shot so I had to get at right-angles to the fly and go to f1.7 (f 3.4 with tubes) to get any sort of useful shutter speed ( totally forgetting that I could raise my ISO selection from 100 - doh!

Last edited:

No good blending enough, Pete, as you spotted it,
shot it well and rendered it beautifully. (y)

Nice iridescence!

The light was going a bit by the time of the hand-held shot so I had to get at right-angles to the fly and go to f1.7 (f 3.4 with tubes) to get any sort of useful shutter speed ( totally forgetting that I could raise my ISO selection from 100 - doh!

Natural light is a hard task master. I often end up using ISO 800 with APS-C, sometimes higher.

Super colours. Spirea (we have two Golden flame bushes) is one of my favourite backdrops. You have reminded me of foliage treats (hopefully) in store as Autumn draws in.

Back