Bloggy-Thing

Arkady

Suspended / Banned
Name
Rob
Edit My Images
No
As I'm off to Afghan again on wednesday - for a month this time as the New boss is Medal-hunting - some peeps here have asked if I'd do a Blog whilst on my travels.
Well...it's not really my thing, but if there's enough interest I'll have a go.
It'll be along the lines of " it's hot, it's dusty, there are bullets being fired at me and it's 800th at f/11 at 100 ISO".
I'm picking up my new lenses tomorrow for the deployment so there will be an on-going review of those as well in addition to the thoughts I had while testing the kit a few months ago.
Since my MSN Space is already extant. I'll use this as it's easier than setting up a new site. Eff-all there at the moment, so wait out.

http://arkady001.spaces.msn.com/

Good luck and keep your head down. What are the new lenses?

nice one Rob, have fun and be safe

Nice one rob. Hope you have a safe trip as always.

Should be getting the 17-55 f/2.8 Nikkor; the new 80-200 f/2.8 VR Nikkor and hopefully the 12-24mm Nikkor as well... if I only get the first two I'll be happy enough.

Blog-site updated to show the last two jobs just for the sake of continuity.

daveyuk said:
Enjoy your new lens, keep your tin hat handy and have a safe one.

Tin? Tin?
We are blessed with the Kevlar Composite GS Mk6 Combat-Helmet. Even though the idiot Paras we work with insist on wearing their polystyrene Jump-Helmets (similar shape - supposed to only be worn when jumping, they offer no ballistic protection whatsoever! But being Tarts they all wear them as they're considerably lighter than the GS helmet).
They are specially-designed to funnel all the sweat off your head directly into your eyes. Brilliant!

Good luck, and look forward to reading the Blog (y)

Please stay safe :(

Looking forward to the images.

Just out of interest, what do you do? I assume your a Army Photography of some kind

Arkady said:
They are specially-designed to funnel all the sweat off your head directly into your eyes. Brilliant!

Just what you need when you're shooting someone... (photographically or otherwise!)

Stay safe, Rob

Arkady said:
Blog-site updated to show the last two jobs just for the sake of continuity.
>>>
Space Not Available
The space you are trying to view might not exist or access to it may be restricted.

Please sign in to MSN Spaces below with your Microsoft® Passport Network credentials (e-mail address and password) so we can verify your access to this space.

<<<
I don't use messenger programs so does that mean if I don't do msn I can't see it ? (or is there something set wrong?)

Sound like it will be an interesting read - enjoy the lenses and come back safe. :)

getting the same message as Robert now!

Yes, me to. The access settings on the space are set to private rather than public I think.

I do use MSN and I get the same message when clicking the linky Rob ...:thinking:

:help:

Damn noble of you to offer though and I am sure loadsa peeps here will take advantage ... me included :p

As long as we can get in ... :shrug:

hes probably buggered off now, wont get to sort it till he gets to SomewhereoutthewayIstan

Rob has kindly allowed us to feature his blog front of site, be nice if he can get it working!

it means, his blog will be featured on the site, so when he updates it, it will be updated on the site, in his own 'im hiding behind a wall while i get shot at just so you guys can have a piccy in the paper' blog

It appears to be working now :)

Working but a bit odd from here.

It kept loading pictures and displaying them with the wrong aspect ratio. portraits were stretched in width to landscape proportions...but only some at random.

I left the page loaded and did something else...came back and it was displaying properly. Strange.

Somme pictures were worth the wait though.

gave rob a slap, and he sorted it

RobertP said:
Somme pictures were worth the wait though.

Totally agree - very moving.

matty said:
gave rob a slap, and he sorted it

Not sure what it is, but I'm taking a wild stab in that dark, that that's not true :p

Might be an idea to add your 'blog' to your siggie Rob.
I'll certainly pop in to have a look what your'e up to.

The permissions on the MSN site were set to 'messenger' meaning you could only access it from an existing MSN account.
I've re-set it to 'Public' now so everyone shoul be able to access it.
Not sure what's up with the slideshow - the frst time it runs through you get the aspect changes, but 2nd time through it's OK. Annoying tho. It does it on other people's sites as well, so it's an MSN problem as it's not occurred before and the images are all automatically re-sized on upload.

Good luck and keep your head down!!
site looks fine to me:D look forward to see your images as they come in.

Matty, yiu say the blog will be features front of site... wheres the link?:confused:

Marcel said:
Not sure what it is, but I'm taking a wild stab in that dark, that that's not true :p

bah...someone might have bought it:shrug:

lumpster said:
Good luck and keep your head down!!
site looks fine to me:D look forward to see your images as they come in.

Matty, yiu say the blog will be features front of site... wheres the link?:confused:

jeez give me a few months to work it out!:thinking: :geek: :p

matty said:
jeez give me a few months to work it out!:thinking: :geek: :p
you mean it'll be ready just in time for his return?;)
:D

lumpster said:
you mean it'll be ready just in time for his return?;)
:D

the next time he goes aye...

PS. Your slide show is way too small for my screen....photos are about 2 inches across.

Go to the Photo section - it opens up a bit bigger there. Most of these images are in my Gallery anyway...

Back