Bloody film

Well took some more shots of the moon tonight, but really you need the right tool for the job (well to make things easier) the Me super (like other similar cameras) is quite useless in taking an exposure reading esp with a 2Xs converter....in the viewfinder the diode moves to show shutter speeds but I couldn't see what speed to select as it was in the dark (using the 2xs converter made it worse)...to the rescue I used a proper camera the T90 also with 2Xs converter and took a spot reading of the moon and aperture and shutter speed were lit up. Well I only had film in the ME so transferred the settings to this camera but to select and see the shutter speed had to point the camera at the strip lighting in the garage or I suppose disconnect the lens and see that way or point a torch into the lens. :rolleyes:
Well first roll of film in the ME so lets hope every thing is working properly and T90 got the exposure right.
AAMOI the exposure reading on the moon was 40th sec @ f8 but set the ME to 1/25 and 1/8.....experts who have shot the moon might laugh or agree that the exposure is about right, anyway the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

Well took some more shots of the moon tonight, but really you need the right tool for the job (well to make things easier) the Me super (like other similar cameras) is quite useless in taking an exposure reading esp with a 2Xs converter....in the viewfinder the diode moves to show shutter speeds but I couldn't see what speed to select as it was in the dark (using the 2xs converter made it worse)...to the rescue I used a proper camera the T90 also with 2Xs converter and took a spot reading of the moon and aperture and shutter speed were lit up. Well I only had film in the ME so transferred the settings to this camera but to select and see the shutter speed had to point the camera at the strip lighting in the garage or I suppose disconnect the lens and see that way or point a torch into the lens. :rolleyes:
Well first roll of film in the ME so lets hope every thing is working properly and T90 got the exposure right.
AAMOI the exposure reading on the moon was 40th sec @ f8 but set the ME to 1/25 and 1/8.....experts who have shot the moon might laugh or agree that the exposure is about right, anyway the proof of the pudding is in the eating.

The moon reflects the sun so I would reckon exposing for sunny F/16 and open up a stop would be somewhere close tbh

Thus if you were using 100 asa film, F/11 1/100

The moon reflects the sun so I would reckon exposing for sunny F/16 and open up a stop would be somewhere close tbh

Thus if you were using 100 asa film, F/11 1/100

H'mm what about the moon is like snow and the stops lost in the 2Xs converter...the T90 does TTL metering so I would assume would have taken into consideration the converter.

Back