blow the cobwebs off

Edit My Images
Yes
I have been struggling since i went back to work post pandemic with some pretty sever mental health issues and with having to reluctantly sell pretty much everything i owned to keep the payments up. Long story short it hit me hard losing my creative outlet. Some how ive managed to buy a new lens tripod my camera is a loan A74 from a friend so i'm not quite there yet but i'm making progress.

Something Happened on Monday were i had enough of this slump so went out for a walk at 3am for sunrise. It should be exciting times moving to North Wales in the next few weeks but depression is doing its best to kick my ass, so i'm fighting back this time before i end up dead and just a number on piece of paper.

:) Dan :)

Sigma 20mm Art F1.4 DG DN lens

DSC08213 by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

tree by Danny Kenealy, on Flickr

Keep fighting, you've got something to say and you are showing that with these photos, thanks for sharing.

Keep fighting, you've got something to say and you are showing that with these photos, thanks for sharing.

What he said, without a doubt

Photography and the big wide world is your therapy so keep taking it all in and enjoying every day

Love that first image by the way :)

Well you know me well mate and how i've been there too, always got your back when needed! Two lovely images to boot, especially now I've seen them on the computer!

Keep on keeping on mate.

Hi Danny, glad to hear this update from you, to see you are on an upward trajectory. Always available to chat if you need to. Very jealous you are moving to North Wales, I hope it works out for you. All the best, mate.

Great pictures Danny :D

As for the rest. Good luck with the fight. Photography certainly helps me as does listening to music, reading, watching my favourite movies and exercise. I think even if you have to force yourself doing something you should enjoy can help immensely. Good luck with it.

Last edited:
Hi Danny, glad to hear this update from you, to see you are on an upward trajectory. Always available to chat if you need to. Very jealous you are moving to North Wales, I hope it works out for you. All the best, mate.
Thanks Greg , i hope you and the lovely other half are doing well.

Beautiful colours. Keep it up. (y)

Great pictures Danny :D

As for the rest. Good luck with the fight. Photography certainly helps me as does listening to music, reading, watching my favourite movies and exercise. I think even if you have to force yourself doing something you should enjoy can help immensely. Good luck with it.
thanks guys :)

I'm new here so just finding my way around and obviously don't know you (so I hope this comes across the way it's intended!), but I just wanted to say depression sucks so if you ever need to talk or anything, feel free to drop me a message

I had a quick nosy at a few of your pics on Flickr as well as those above, you've got skills, they look awesome!

Maybe to help with feeling better about things, try doing some research and plan some things to shoot in the area you're moving to - it'll give you something positive that you can look forward to and that you can achieve. Wales is gorgeous, everywhere you look there's awesome landscapes and nature, plus it's generally pretty dark at night with minimal light pollution if you wanted to try astrophotography.

Back